Selling an Inherited House in St. John, MO
Selling an inherited house in St. John, MO. Inheriting a house in St. John, MO is a bittersweet experience. On one hand, a loved one has passed down an asset that has value, whether that value is nostalgic or monetary. On the other hand, the loss of your loved one may be compounded by different people in the family arguing over who gets what. Figuring out what to do with an inherited house in St. John, MO, all while grieving and trying to figure out other aspects of your loved one’s estate, can frustrate anyone.
One solution you may find appealing is selling your inherited house to a cash home buyer. At Evervest Home Buyers, we specialize in buying properties no matter what shape they’re in, for all cash, and can help you avoid the nuisance and expense of listing your home with a traditional real estate agent. We are discreet, and we recognize the unique needs of St. John, MO families who are going through the difficult process of divvying up an inherited house. We can help you understand the laws and tax implications of selling your family member’s property, and ensure the house becomes a cash inheritance your loved one left behind for you. Speak to a team member today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your inherited property online to find out more about what Evervest can do for you.
Challenges of Selling an Inherited House in St. John, MO
Before we dive into the benefits of selling your inherited house to a cash home buying company, it’s worth mentioning some of the hiccups that may arise when trying to sell the home. Some of the hardest aspects of coming into possession of an inherited St. John, MO house are:
- Managing the property from a afar — If you don’t live in the same city, county, or state as your loved one, you might not know who to believe in locally in St. John, MO. Do you know reliable handymen close by? If you’re thinking about renting the house out, how will you know if the tenants are trustworthy?
- The house may need serious repairs — If your family member wasn’t able to take care of the property, it’s an outdated property, or if it’s been vacant for a long time, it will take a lot of time and resources to get it sale ready. There may also be a lot of possessions, and you’ll have to decide what will be passed on and what is junk.
- Legal issues — Selling a house in probate comes with a lot of legal nuances, including notifying the courts and banks.
At Evervest, we’ve been trusted by St. John, MO locals to buy, manage, and sell properties for more than 30 years. We’re not a franchise business; we’re proud that the work we put in goes back into the same communities where we grew up. We can purchase and repair homes in any condition, and, if you need us to, we can help guide you through the probate process. If there’s any “junk” left over that no one in your family wants, just leave it where it is and we’ll take care of it.
Benefits of Selling an Inherited House to a Cash Home Buyer in St. John, MO
Given the challenges of selling an inherited house, it’s easy to see why many people choose to sell to an as-is home buying company in St. John, MO instead. There are many reasons why:
- Fast and stress-free home sale — Cash home buying companies offer an efficient sales process that can be over in a matter of weeks. You won’t have to worry about listing your home, staging it for prospective buyers, or working out a deal with buyers. At Evervest, the only person you’ll talk to or see is the person buying your home. You won’t even have to dust of the windowshades before we come look at the house. Some houses can take up to six months to find a buyer, and even after that, you’re still likely at least 45 days from closing. You’ll have our offer right after our inspection, and if you agree, we can close in a matter of a week or two.
- No need for expensive repairs — Repairing or renovating a home can cost almost $100,000, which will eat into any cash legacy you and your family were hoping for after inheriting the house. Since as-is home companies want to buy homes in poor repair, you won’t be on the hook for any repairs yourself. After purchasing the home, we do all the repairs ourselves.
- You don’t have to pay a realtor — Most realtors charge 6% of the final home sale as their fee. At Evervest, we won’t get rich of selling your home. After fix up the property, we earn a modest profit when we sell the house back to someone else in St. John, MO.
- Less risk — A traditional buyer may not have good enough credit or money to actually make the purchase, and other home investors may require you to meet certain loan program requirements. Working with an as-is home buying company is much more efficient. We’ll show you proof of funds so you know we’re serious. With us, you also won’t won’t have to worry about the buyer changing their mind because of inspection contingencies.
Finding the Right St. John, MO As-Is Home Buyer For Your Inherited House
Some people see red flags when they see “cash home buying company.” Unfortunately, some cash buyers are a scam. But there are many respected companies, like Evervest, that offer a fair price and won’t lead you on. If the prospect of a cash home buyer appeals to you, the first step is finding the right company in St. John, MO to work with. Here’s how to find a good one:
- Research online — Look up numerous different as-is home buyers. See what previous clients said about their experience to get a sense of their reputation.
- Check reviews — Take a look at review websites like Yelp, Google, or the Better Business Bureau to find out more about how they conduct business.
- Ask for referrals — Ask people you know who may have sold their homes to cash buyers for recommendations.
- Find someone local — Even if an as-is buyer is legitimate, they may be national franchises without a good understanding of the St. John, MO housing market or communities. A local cash home buyer will be more likely to give you a fair price for your inherited home.
Evervest Home Buyers has earned the trust of our St. John, MO neighborhoods because of our honesty and understanding. We work with you to find a solution that works best for you and your family. Take a look at our client testimonials here.
How to Sell Your Inherited House in St. John, MO
When you decide to sell your inherited house in St. John, MO to Evervest, we make the process as easy and stress-free as possible. We can turn your inherited St. John, MO house into a cash legacy in four easy steps:
- Contact us — You can send us pictures of the house on our website or by texting us. After reviewing your inherited house, we’ll be able to give you an initial valuation in just 60 minutes.
- Our inspection — The next thing to do is to have our buyer come and look at the house. There won’t be any outside appraisers; you’ll only deal with the person directly buying your home.
- Receive a cash offer — Based on what we think the house is worth, we’ll give you a fair and all-cash offer.
- Close the sale — If you agree to the offer, we’ll start the closing process. We can close whenever works best for you – whether you need to sell the inherited house in a week or two, or need a few months to get your loved one’s possessions sorted.
Other properties we buy in St. John, MO include:
- Sell Your House During a Divorce
- Selling a Rental Property
- Selling a Home with a Reverse Mortgage
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Sell Your Inherited St. John, MO House to Evervest Home Buyers
Selling an inherited house to a cash home buying company in St. John, MO can be a smart and stress-free option for many people. By working with a reputable buyer, you can avoid the problems and cost of listing your home with a traditional real estate agent and get a quick and fair cash offer. To talk with Evervest about how we can help you and your St. John, MO family sell your inherited house, call us today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about the property through our website.