How to Sell Your House
How to sell your house. You’re finally here. It’s time for you to sell your house. This is a big event in your life. The purchase of the house is one of the largest a person will make in their lifetime. Thus, selling your house is an equally significant event. This is a big deal, and when selling your house you owe it to yourself to research your options, familiarize yourself with the process, and be prepared both practically and emotionally.
If you determine that the answer to how to sell your house is by selling to an as-is cash home buyer, Evervest is the obvious choice. We have helped families and individuals in the St. Louis areas sell their homes quickly and easily for cash for over 30 years. Count on us to be the answer to your house selling challenge. Learn more about us or begin the process by contacting us now or calling us at 314-730-0366.
How to Sell Your House – Choose an Avenue
When it is time for you to sell your house, you face many decisions. You have made the first decision: the one to sell your house. Now you must decide how to sell your house and to whom. When deciding how to sell your house, you generally have three options.
- Real Estate Agent – The most conventional method for selling your house is by hiring a realtor or real estate agent to work for you and help you sell your house. It is best for homeowners who have plenty of time and who have the funds to come out of pocket for renovations and closing costs that may be necessary to sell your house.
- Pros: support throughout the process by someone familiar with the field, someone to negotiate for you, an accurate market price
- Cons: must pay a commission to the agent, have to come out of pocket for closing costs and taxes, may need to pay for and coordinate repairs and updates before selling, the process is lengthy, have to fix up and stage the home, will have to be available to show the home 24/7
- For Sale By Owner – If you don’t want to rely on a real estate agent, you may try the route of selling the home on your own on the market. To be successful in selling your house this way, you should be detail-oriented, have plenty of time to invest, and able to look at the sale of your house as a straightforward transaction. You should be comfortable with negotiating and handling finances and contracts.
- Pros: You take an active role in the sale of your home, you don’t have to pay a commission, there are virtual platforms to help you post your home
- Cons: statistically these homes sell for less than those with agents, it is very demanding and stressful, you have an emotional attachment to the home which can make it difficult, you must continue to pay for utilities and upkeep, have to fix up and stage the home, can take months to get an offer
- Sell for Cash – Though some are dubious about this route, selling your house for cash is an excellent option, especially for those who don’t have the funds to pour more money into the property to prepare it for sale or cannot afford to wait months to close the sale
- Pros: can sell your house regardless of the condition (sell as-is), the process is speedy, no commissions, typically no closing costs, no need to make repairs or clean and stage the home, get cash in hand quickly
- Cons: the selling price may be lower than through an agent, there are some companies that claim to be investors or as-is home buyers that don’t have your best interests at heart
Weigh your priorities and consider your financial situation, the time you have, and the condition of your home. This should give you some clarity on how to sell your house in a way that makes the most sense for you. Are any of the following true for you?
- You have to sell your home quickly
- Your home has water, smoke or other damage
- You are in default on your mortgage
- The house is old and in need of repairs
- You are too busy to dedicate months of your life to showing the home
- You don’t want to pay thousands out of pocket to stage the property and to do repairs and renovations
- You don’t want to pay a hefty commission
If any of the above statements describe your situation, selling your home for cash to an as-is home buyer in your area may be the best way to sell your home. Once you’ve made the decision to sell your home for cash, the process is quick and simple. Still, there are some things you need to know about how to sell your house for cash to an as-is buyer or investor.
How to Prepare for Selling to a Cash Buyer
Before you hand over the deed to your house and ride off into the sunset with cash in hand, do your due diligence. It will only benefit you in the end. You should do your research regarding both the price of your house and the company to whom you are selling. First, investigate the value of your home. Keep in mind, while you are doing this research, that each of the many resources will appraise your property at different values. This is why it’s important to seek information from a variety of sources. Also take into account that, when you are selling your house as-is, its condition must factor into the price as well.
Go into the process knowing what to expect, and choose the house-buying company that you trust. Learn all about Evervest on our About page. You will find that we are locally owned and operated and have been a pillar in the Greater St. Louis community for more than thirty years. We are quick, upfront, and transparent. We will give you a fair market value price for your property and answer your questions along the way. Many families and homeowners in the Greater St. Louis area have relied upon our services when they needed to sell their home.
How to Sell Your House For Cash
Choose an As-Is Home Buyer
So, you’ve decided to sell your home for cash to a St. Louis as-is home buyer. It’s important to choose a home buyer that you can trust. It can be helpful to talk to friends and family members and see if they have someone that they’ve worked with in the past. Neighbors are also great sources for finding a good as-is home buyer. If there is no one that you can ask, a good way to find out if an as-is home buying business is legitimate is to consult Google and Yelp reviews, or the Better Business Bureau. All three of these sites will be able to give you a better idea of whether or not a business is trustworthy.
Schedule a Consultation
The real estate market is competitive, so it can often be difficult to meet with a realtor. As-is home buyers are committed to working with your schedule and can schedule consultations quickly. These consultations are free and will be used to assess the value of your as-is home, and how much it will cost the as-is home buyer to fix it. It’s quick and simple, and they will have a quote for your home in as little as a day.
Sign an Agreement
It might seem intimidating to sign an agreement, but there is nothing to be worried about. The agreement that you’ll sign will include details such as how much money you’ll get from selling your home, information about the current state of your home, and how the funds will be transferred upon closing. It’s important to thoroughly read these contracts and make sure that they’re one-hundred percent accurate before signing. If there’s something in the contract that you don’t like, most as-is home buyers will work with you until you’re satisfied with it.
Closing on Your Home
The final step in selling your home to a St. Louis as-is home buyer is closing on the agreement you’ve signed. Unlike working with a realtor, you won’t have to wait on banks or loan lenders to come through before closing on your home. Closing with an as-is home buyer is as easy as signing a document that includes the original contract’s terms and conditions and confirms that you have a certificate of title and title deed. The certificate of title confirms that you are the owner of the house and that you have the right to sell the property, and the title deed transfers the property to the as-is home buyer.
Once you accept our offer and we close on the sale, you will walk away with the entire sum of the sale in cash in your hand. There are no hidden fees or bank complications.
How to Sell Your House to Evervest Home Buyers
Sell your house now. Now that you’ve decided how to sell your house, don’t wait any longer. Begin the process now and have the cash for your house in just a few days. Trust Evervest Home Buyers to have your best interests at heart. We will buy your house, regardless of the condition it’s in or the situation you find yourself. If you still aren’t sure how to sell your house or which method is the best for you, contact us anyway. There is no time to lose. Find out how Evervest Home Buyers can help you sell your home or being the home selling process today by contacting us now or calling us at 314-730-0366.