Selling a House Without a Realtor in Missouri: A Guide for St. Louis Homeowners
Selling a house without a realtor in St. Louis, MO. Do you want to sell your house, but are holding off because of the hassle and long months selling a home on the traditional market entails? Selling a house on your own can be a daunting task, especially if you are not familiar with the real estate market, the legal process, and the expectations of buyers. You may have to deal with costly repairs, staging, marketing, showings, negotiations, inspections, appraisals, and closing costs. You may also have to wait for months or even years to find a qualified buyer who can get approved for a mortgage.
But what if there was a better way to sell your house without a realtor in St. Louis, MO? A way that could save you time, money, and hassle? A way that could give you a fair cash offer for your house in as little as 24 hours and close in as little as two weeks? A way that could let you sell your house in any condition, without making any repairs or paying any fees?
That’s where Evervest Home Buyers comes in. Evervest Home Buyers is a local Missouri cash home buying company that has been helping homeowners in St. Louis sell their houses quickly and hassle-free since 1996. We buy houses in any condition, from outdated to damaged to uninhabitable. We pay cash for houses and we close fast. We are not realtors or middlemen. We are direct buyers who want to buy your house as-is. If you’re interested in selling your St. Louis, MO house without a realtor, call Evervest today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property online.
When to Sell Your Missouri House Without a Realtor
Selling your house without a realtor isn’t for everybody. While real estate agents can charge a hefty commission, they are experienced negotiators who handle the listing and legal aspects of the sale for you. However, selling a house without a realtor may be best for you in St. Louis if:
- You already have a buyer in mind
- You have a lot of experience selling houses
- Your property doesn’t need major repairs, or you’re willing to find a buyer who will buy it as-is
- You want more control over the home selling process
Benefits of Selling Your House Without a Realtor in St. Louis, Missouri
If you do decide to sell your house without a realtor, you can experience a myriad of benefits, such as:
- Saving money on commissions — When you sell with an agent, you typically pay 5-6% of the sale price in commissions, which are split between the listing agent and the buyer’s agent. Missouri commission fees are higher than the national average. That means if you sell your house for $300,000, you could pay up to $18,000 in commissions. When you sell without an agent, you don’t have to pay the listing commission, putting more money in your pocket.
- Having more control over the sale — When you sell without an agent, you make all the decisions about how to price, market, show, and negotiate your home. You don’t have to follow anyone else’s advice or suggestions, and you don’t have to deal with any conflicts of interest or communication issues.
- Avoiding showings and open houses — When you sell with an agent, you have to prepare your home for showings and open houses, which can be stressful and time-consuming. You also have to leave your home whenever a potential buyer wants to see it, which can be inconvenient and disruptive. When you sell without an agent, someone else won’t be dictating when you need to show your home. You can choose who you want to show your home to, and when.
- Being flexible with closing dates — When you sell with an agent, you have to coordinate the closing date with the buyer, the agents, the title company, and the lender. This can be tricky, especially if you have to move out by a certain date, or if you’re buying another home at the same time. When you sell without an agent, you have more flexibility with the closing date. You can negotiate directly with the buyer, and close as soon as possible, or as late as you need.
Selling a house without a realtor in St. Louis can be difficult, but for those who want to try, there are a few options.
Options for Selling Your St. Louis, Missouri House Without a Realtor
If you decide to sell your house without a realtor in St. Louis, MO, you have three main options to choose from:
1. Handle the Sale Yourself vis For Sale By Owner (FSBO)
This is the most challenging and risky way to sell your house without a realtor. You have to do everything yourself, from start to finish. You have to research the market, price your home, prepare your home, list your home, market your home, show your home, negotiate with buyers and agents, handle the paperwork and legal issues, and close the deal. You’re also responsible for the marketing, so you have do things like take professional quality photographs, or higher someone else to do it for you. While you’ll certainly save on commissions, those without significant time on their hands to put the work in and learn new skills might have to wait a while to find a buyer, and may end up getting less than their home is worth.
- Pros — No fees or commissions, full control over the sale, potential higher price
- Cons — Time-consuming and stressful, difficult and complex, risky and uncertain, no help in negotiations
2. Hire a Real Estate Attorney
This is a way to sell your house without a realtor, but with some professional help. You can hire a real estate attorney to facilitate the sale to a known buyer, such as a friend, family member, or neighbor. The attorney will review the contract and closing documents, and represent you at the closing. Or, you can market and list the home yourself, and only hire professional help once a price is agreed to. You will still have to do the rest of the work yourself, such as pricing, marketing, showing, and negotiating.
- Pros — Legal protection and representation, lower cost than an agent, more control over the sale
- Cons — Still have to do most of the work yourself, limited pool of buyers, potential conflicts of interest or emotions
3. Sell to a Cash Home Buyer
This is the fastest and easiest way to sell your house without a realtor. You can get an offer within 24 hours, close in as little as two weeks, and sell your home as-is. You don’t have to pay any fees or commissions, or deal with any paperwork or legal issues. In return for buying your house as-is, you’ll get slightly lower money for your home, but without having to pay for any inspections, repairs, or renovations. Unfortunately, some cash home buyers are scams, so it’s important to find a reputable company to work with when you sell your home.
- Pros — Fast, easy, convenient, no fees or commissions, no repairs or contingencies, guaranteed sale, no hassle or stress
- Cons — Potentially lower price, potentially unscrupulous or inexperienced buyers, no multiple offers or bidding war
As you can see, each option has its pros and cons. You need to weigh them carefully and decide which one suits your needs and goals best. Or, you can choose the best option of all: sell your house to Evervest Home Buyers, the leading cash home buyer in St. Louis, Missouri. It doesn’t cost anything to ask us or an offer or to have us look over your property. Call us at (314) 730-0366 top get started.
Advantages of Selling to a Cash Home Buyer in St. Louis, MO
Many in the St. Louis, MO area have found selling to a cash home buyer to be an answer to their prayers. An unwanted house can seem like an anchor holding you down, but cash home buyers offer a way to get fair value for your home fast and easy. Selling to a cash home buyer in St. Louis has numerous benefits, including:
- Getting a fast offer — A cash home buyer can make you an offer within 24 hours of contacting them, or even on the spot when they go for their inspection. You don’t have to wait for them to get approved for a loan, or to sell their own home first. You can get an offer right away, and decide whether to accept it or not.
- Closing quickly — A cash home buyer can close the deal in as little as two weeks, or even sooner if you need to. You don’t have to wait for appraisals, inspections, repairs, or contingencies. We handle the inspections ourselves with no cost to you. Wherever you are in life, if you need to move on from a property quickly, cash home buyers can take it off your hands in less than a month.
- Selling as-is — A cash home buyer will buy your home in its current condition, no matter how good or bad it is. You don’t have to spend any money or time fixing persistent issues, or have to stress if the buyer will find something that turns them off. You can sell your home as-is, and leave behind any problems or issues. We’re interested in just about any home, including:
- Investment properties and rental properties
- Outdated properties
- Inherited houses
- Houses in probate
- Houses that have been vacant a long time
- Condemned properties
- Damaged or dilapidated houses, including houses with asbestos, fire and water damage, mold issues, foundation issues, termite damage, and more
While some iBuyers only pay cash for houses for homes that are in good condition, Evervest is a cash home buying company in St. Louis, MO that is interested in your home no matter how much work needs to be done.
- Avoiding contingencies and financing issues — Our offers do not include contingencies, such as inspections, appraisals, repairs, or financing. We have never backed out of the deal because of the terms written in the contract or asked for concessions at the last minute. We’ll show you proof of funds early on so you don’t have to worry about the deal falling through.
- Having a hassle-free experience — We’ll handle everything for you, from the paperwork to the closing costs. We will make the process simple and easy for you, and take care of any problems or issues that may arise. You don’t have to worry about anything, just sign the papers and collect your check. Need an extra month or two to move out? We can wait to close. Have some items or trash you’d rather not take with you? We’ll handle disposal for you. The only thing you have to do is hand us the deed to your house and sign a piece of paper.
- Trust and a local St. Louis business — Evervest Home Buyers is not just another cash home buyer. We are a trusted and reputable company that has been serving the St. Louis community for over 30 years. We have a proven track record of success and satisfaction, and a loyal customer base that speaks highly of our service. We are not a national, franchised business. As Missouri natives, we are proud to work in our local St. Louis communities and offer great, renovated homes for local families.
Evervest Home Buyers consists of a licensed real estate broker and contractor with over 30 years of hands-on construction experience. We’re not only kind and nonjudgmental, but we’re experts at what we do and will handle all the heavy-lifting for you – literally.
Testimonials and Credentials of Evervest Home Buyers
Don’t just take our word for it. Here are some testimonials from previous St. Louis, MO customers who sold their homes to Evervest Home Buyers:
Hellen M — “Scott and Dave brought more to the table than I expected. We lost our Mother and needed to sell the house quickly. Not only were they very professional, honest and fair. They showed a lot of compassion to our situation. The whole process was fast and simple from the beginning to closing. I will definitely encourage anyone to contact them. Thank you so much for all your help.”
Patricia B — “I just wanted to say that I couldn’t have been happier with Evervest, LLC when I wanted to sell my home. My son and I were looking for a fresh start. We had the opportunity to move to another state and I didn’t want the hassle of selling my home. I called Evervest, LLC and they came out to look at my home. They made me a cash offer on the spot. They explained the process of selling a home ‘as is’ and we were on our way.”
Sue R — “My aunt went in to a nursing home after a few falls and needed to sell her 3 story house that was way too much for her. I called Evervest, Scott and Dave, and they made a really good offer on her house, which she accepted. It was the easiest closing ever, they took care of everything and did everything they said they would and then some. They even moved all of her stuff to storage and new apartment! And there was a lot of stuff. Scott, Dave and crew are super nice and very professional. They made the whole process go so smoothly, it was amazing. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and call them again if I had another house to sell.”
Randy V — “Scott at Evervest Home Buyers was a pleasure to work with. He was professional, courteous, and fair. We negotiated agreeable terms and the property sales was completed within two weeks. I highly recommend him for any of your future property needs!”
You can read more reviews and testimonials on our website or on Google.
Evervest Home Buyers is also accredited by the Better Business Bureau, with an A+ rating and no complaints. We have a hard-earned reputation for trustworthiness and a high level of expertise and experience in the St. Louis, Missouri real estate market.
Call Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your St. Louis, MO House Without a Realtor
If you want to sell your house without a realtor, and without any hassle or stress, you should consider selling it to Evervest Home Buyers, the leading cash home buying company in St. Louis. Evervest Home Buyers will make you a fair and transparent offer, close quickly and flexibly, and handle everything for you. You can sell your home fast and easy, and get cash in your pocket fast
If you’re interested in selling your house in St. Louis, Missouri to Evervest Home Buyers, all you have to do is contact us today for a free, no-obligation offer on your home. You can call us at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.