Condemned Property Buyer in St. Louis, Missouri
Condemned property buyer in St. Louis. Condemned houses are prevalent in the St. Louis area. Owning property near a condemned house affects the value of your own, but owning a condemned property and trying to sell it is even more arduous. Condemned houses in St. Louis are in poor shape, and often need tens of thousands of dollars to get to market ready, which is a reality that may not be in your budget. If this sounds like your case, we have solutions for you. Call (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to speak to a condemned property buyer in St. Louis, MO today.
Evervest Home Buyers specializes in purchasing condemned houses in St. Louis. We won’t be surprised or overwhelmed by the condition of your property because we are used to buying condemned houses in St. Louis. Regardless of the issues, we have the means to correct them. We take on these properties to make an investment, and to help the community and homeowners there. Selling a condemned house in a good housing market is nearly impossible. Your St. Louis house isn’t getting any attention, and trying to sell it on your own hasn’t worked as well as you were hoping. New homeowners or investment property buyers probably aren’t interested in your St. Louis house because of its condition. With that said, why do we still want your property? Because we’re from St. Louis and we want to see our neighborhoods reach their full potential.
Understanding Condemned Properties in St. Louis, MO
What Is a Condemned Property?
A condemned property is a property that has been deemed unsafe or unfit for human habitation by the local government. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including structural damage, fire damage, or health hazards.
Reasons Why a Property Can Be Condemned
Properties in St. Louis are typically condemned when they’re poorly maintained and pose a risk to occupants or the value of other houses in the area. Under Missouri Revises Statute §523.061, a property can be condemned if it’s:
- Declared a nuisance and order to be vacated
- Demolished or repaired after a hearing
- Contributing negatively to a “blighted area“
For those reasons, we frequently see St. Louis properties with:
- Structural damage — If a property has suffered significant damage to its foundation, walls, or roof, it may be deemed unsafe for habitation.
- Fire or water damage — A property that has suffered significant fire or water damage may be declared uninhabitable due to the risk of collapse, black mold, or other hazards.
- Health hazards — A property may be condemned if it is found to be infested with mold, asbestos, termites, or other hazardous materials.
Can I Contest the Property Condemnation?
Yes, you can contest the condemnation of your St. Louis property in court. But, doing so will require either an attorney or time researching that most people don’t have. In many cases, the best bet is to sell and move on from the condemned property.
Finding a Condemned Property Buyer in St. Louis, Missouri
Types of Buyers Who Purchase Condemned Properties
Most home buyers are looking for a turnkey property they can move into right away, not a house in poor condition. However, there are still plenty of types of condemned property buyers in the St. Louis area, including:
- Home investors
- House flippers and contractors
- Non-profit organizations
- Government agencies
How to Find a Condemned Property Buyer in St. Louis, MO
Finding a condemned property buyer in St. Louis is harder than finding a traditional buyer, but far from impossible. A cash home buyer is often better. You can try to list the property on real estate websites, but often the best option is finding a condemned property buyer like Evervest, that buys houses for cash and is interested in as-is homes. They have the experience and expertise to renovate the house and resell it for a higher value, and are familiar with the process of buying a condemned property in St. Louis.
What to Look For in a Condemned Property Buyer
If you’re looking to sell a condemned property, it’s important to find the right buyer who is willing to take on the property’s unique challenges. Here are some things to look for in a condemned property buyer in St. Louis:
- Experience — Look for a buyer who has experience purchasing and renovating condemned properties. They will be better equipped to handle any challenges that come up during the renovation process.
- Resources — Make sure the buyer has the financial resources to purchase the property and complete the necessary renovations. Ask for proof of funds so you know the deal won’t fall through at the last minute.
- Vision — Look for a buyer who has a clear vision for what they want to do with the property. This will ensure that they have a plan in place to make the property habitable again.
- Trustworthiness — Selling a condemned property can be a complicated process, so it’s important to work with a buyer who is trustworthy and has a good reputation in the St. Louis community.
- Flexibility — Finally, look for a buyer who is flexible and willing to work with you to find a solution that works for both parties. Selling a condemned property can be a unique situation, and it’s important to work with someone who is willing to be creative and find a mutually beneficial solution.
Condemned Property Buyers in St. Louis, MO – Who We Are
We’re from the St. Louis area and we care. We want to improve our communities, and buying condemned houses in St. Louis and renovating them to be market ready works towards that goal. Renovating and selling condemned properties raises the value of nearby properties and makes the area more appealing to new homeowners. Each renovated house may only be a small drop in the big bucket that is the St. Louis area, but it’s a step in the right direction.
Further, we are not a franchised business. When you meet with our team you are meeting with a group of individuals whose profits are going to stay in the St. Louis area. We’re a hands-on team and when we need help we get it from our established network of St. Louis contractors. Everything we do is about making the process and the experience easier for you. We’ve been closing at the same title company for years and have streamlined the purchasing process to make the sale seamless and easier for you. We want your home selling experience to be hassle-free, regardless of the situation that you may be currently in.
Read our testimonials to see what previous clients in St. Louis have to say about working with us.
Condemned Property Buyer in St. Louis – How Does The Process Work?
We’re not real-estate agents and we won’t ask you to put any money into your property or any money into the sale (that includes commissions and closing costs). That’s just for starters. Here is a quick graphic detailing the process of selling a house in St. Louis to a cash home buyer:
With these 4 simple steps, we close on your property and put cash in your hand. Selling your condemned St. Louis property is this easy. Calling our condemned property buyers in St. Louis at (314) 730-0366 can get you out from under your problem property ASAP.
Condemned Property Buyer in St. Louis, Missouri – All Cash Offers
When you’re ready to unload your condemned property in St. Louis, get in touch with our team. We only make all cash offers. This is to give you the fair market value of your St. Louis property and to save you time. If you’re interested in this offer, reach out to our team today to set a meeting. Call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to get your offer today.