Sell My Probate House in Hazelwood, MO
Sell My Probate House in Hazelwood, MO. A death in the family is a painful and confusing time. In addition to confronting your complex emotions related to their passing, you may have to deal with legal issues, which typically includes handling their estate in Hazelwood, MO. To do this, you usually have to enter a probate process. As the appointed executor or administrator of the estate, you may decide that you want or need to sell your probate house in Hazelwood, MO. Dealing with selling a probate house can be overwhelming, but when you choose to go through a probate sale with the knowledgeable probate house buyers of Evervest, we can help you through the process.
Evervest Home Buyers has been a staple of the Hazelwood, MO community for thirty years. Throughout our existence, we have helped many Hazelwood, MO families like yours sell their probate houses and other Hazelwood, MO properties in a fair, fast, and stress-free process. If you or your family find yourselves in charge of a probate house in Hazelwood, MO and need to sell, Evervest is here to help. Find out how Evervest can help you sell your probate house in Hazelwood, MO by giving us a call at 314-730-0366.
What is a Hazelwood, MO Probate House?
Probate refers to the legal process required to transfer ownership of a property when the property’s original owner passes away. If the decedent–or the person who died–left a legally enforceable will naming an executor to manage the estate in their will, that individual will be put in charge of handing and selling the property, paying off the decedent’s debts, distributing assets to the heirs, and handling all other matters related to the estate. If the decedent did not specify an executor in a will, the state will asign an administrator to take charge–almost always the closest living family member.
There are certain cases in which the probate period can be avoided. Certain types of property that are valued under a specific dollar amount may be passed to beneficiaries without probate. Most houses, though do enter probate. However, certain legal arrangements made prior to the family member’s death can keep the house from having to go through probate and alternatively immediately transfer legal ownership of the property to others. Examples of this are joint ownership with the right of survivorship, revocable trusts, and transfer on death (TOD) deeds. Each state has its own probate laws and practices. Missouri’s probate laws for houses and other properties can be found here.
So, a house in probate is a house belonging to a person who passed away undergoing the legal process of verifying the legality of the will or, if there is no will, making sure that the assets are properly split up and assigned to living members of the family. Confused yet? You are in good company. Selling a house in probate is a complex legal procedure that can be daunting and difficult. Probate laws are meant to make sure everyone involved in the estate of the deceased family member gets their fair share, but the process of selling your probate house is often difficult to navigate and very stressful.
Luckily, Evervest Home Buyers is well-versed in handling probate house sales in Hazelwood, MO and can help you sell your Hazelwood, MO probate house. We understand the legal requirements and procedures and can make sure you can sell your Hazelwood, MO probate house successfully.
The Probate Process
Once you have the conscious thought, “I need to sell my probate house in Hazelwood, MO,” it is easy to get overwhelmed. Selling a probate house in Hazelwood, MO can be confusing and frustrating, but knowing the steps involved and what to expect throughout the process can help make selling your probate house a little easier.
The main distinction between selling a house in probate and a regular sale is that the state probate court supervises the entire process. Expect the following when you sell your Hazelwood, MO house in probate.
- The will is authenticated by the court. If there is no executor named, the court will name an administrator.
- The executor is to track down, collect, and secure all probate property owned by the decedent.
- The probate property must be appraised to determine the cash value.
- All taxes and debts in the decedent’s name must be paid and satisfied.
- The remaining property is distributed to the heirs based on the provisions of the will. If there was no will or the will did not specify distribution of assets, state law on inheritance will be applied.
Selling My Probate House in Hazelwood, MO
You can sell your probate house in Hazelwood, MO. But due to the legal requirements of the probate process, you are tasked with making sure that you are in compliance with Missouri state probate laws when you get ready to sell your house. As the executor or administrator of the Hazelwood, MO probate property, you must follow steps to ensure that you sell the probate house the right way. Once the will has been authenticated, you have been put in charge, and you have decided that you want to sell your probate house, you must:
- Inform those involved. Unless you are the only living relative or only person named in the will, there are others whom the sale of the probate house will affect. You must update anyone involved with the property that you are planning to sell the probate house.
- Have the property appraised. When you sell your house in probate, the value of the house must be officially determined so that everyone involved knows how much they can expect to receive from the sale of the Hazelwood, MO probate house.
- Choose how to sell. This is where Evervest steps in to make the process of selling your probate house in Hazelwood, MO much easier and quicker. You may elect to sell to a home buying company like us or go the traditional home sale route with a real estate agent. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of both options. If the house is not in excellent condition or you and your fellow beneficiaries do not want to wait months (or longer) to sell the probate house, the best choice would be to sell to a home investor like Evervest. You will get a fair value and receive cash quickly.
- Accept the offer. If you decide to sell to home buyers like Evervest, you can expect the sale to be closed in under 30 days and frequently in as little as one to two weeks. At that time, you will have sold your probate house and will have cash in the amount of the market value offer.
Evervest can also help you in other home-selling situations, including:
- Cash for Ugly Houses
- Sell Your House During a Divorce
- Selling a Rental Property
- Selling a Home with a Reverse Mortgage
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling an Inherited House
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
When you find yourself saying, “I need to sell my probate house,” you will have to decide how you want to sell. There are always pros and cons to any decision, but selling to Evervest means you can close the sale quickly, sparing you and your family members from a painful, drawn-out, anxiety-filled process. When you sell a home to Evervest, the all-cash offer is for the property as-is. In other words, there is no time, money, or effort required on your end – no cleaning, no repairs, no landscaping, showings, etc. Make it easier on yourself and all the beneficiaries of the family member who passed away by selling the probate house to Evervest for cash now.
Sell My Probate House in Hazelwood, MO Now | Evervest Home Buyers
When you realize, “I need to sell my probate house,” pick up the phone and call Evervest. When you are already going through a difficult and emotional time, make the process as easy as possible for you and your family members by selling your probate house in Hazelwood, MO quickly and for a fair, all-cash offer through Evervest Home Buyers. We are a local Hazelwood, MO home buying company. We are well-acquainted with the Hazelwood, MO area and Greater St. Louis community, understand how to navigate the probate home selling process, and, most importantly, are committed to paying you a fair cash price for your house. When you are ready to sell your probate house in Hazelwood, MO, get in touch with us right away by calling us at 314-730-0366 or filling out the online form.