Sell My Probate House in Maplewood, MO
Sell My Probate House in Maplewood, MO. A death in the family is a painful and confusing time. In addition to reconciling the emotions related to their death, you may be forced to confront legal issues, which typically includes handling their estate in Maplewood, MO. To do this, you usually have to enter a probate period. As the appointed executor or administrator of the estate, you may decide that you want or need to sell your probate house in Maplewood, MO. Dealing with a probate house sale causes stress for many people, but working with an experienced probate house buyer like Evervest can help you through the process.
Evervest Home Buyers has been a staple of the Maplewood, MO community for 30 years. Throughout our existence, we have helped many Maplewood, MO families like yours sell their probate houses and other Maplewood, MO properties quickly and for a fair cash value. When you become involved with a probate house in Maplewood, MO and need to sell, we are here for you. Find out how we can help you sell your probate house in Maplewood, MO by calling us today at 314-730-0366.
What is a Maplewood, MO Probate House?
Probate refers to the legal process required to transfer ownership of a property after the property’s original owner passes away. If the decedent–or the person who died–names an executor to manage the estate in their will, that individual will take charge of handing and selling the property, paying off the decedent’s debts, distributing assets to the heirs, and handling all other matters related to the estate. In cases where the decedent did not specify an executor in a will, the state will appoint an administrator to take charge–almost always the closest capable relative.
There are certain cases in which you can avoid probate. Certain types of property that are valued under a specific dollar amount may be passed to beneficiaries without probate. Most houses, though must be handled via probate. However, certain legal arrangements made prior to the family member’s death can keep the house from having to go through probate and instead immediately transfer legal ownership of the property to others. Examples of this are joint ownership with the right of survivorship, revocable trusts, and transfer on death (TOD) deeds. Probate laws and regulations vary by state. Missouri’s probate laws for houses and other properties can be found here.
To sum up, a house in probate is a house belonging to a person who passed away going through the legal process of verifying the legality of the will or, if there is no will, making sure that the assets are fairly split up and assigned to living members of the family. Confused yet? You are in good company. Selling a house in probate is a complex legal procedure that can be daunting and difficult. Probate laws are supposed to protect all family members or rightful heirs by ensuring that the estate of the deceased family member is distributed fairly, but the process of selling your probate house is often stressful and confusing.
Fortunately, Evervest Home Buyers has experience handling probate house sales in Maplewood, MO and is ready to help you sell your Maplewood, MO probate house. We are familiar with the legal requirements and procedures and will help you successfully navigate selling your Maplewood, MO probate house.
The Probate Process
Once you have the conscious thought, “I need to sell my probate house in Maplewood, MO,” it is easy to get overwhelmed. Selling a probate house in Maplewood, MO can be confusing and frustrating, but knowing the steps involved and what to expect throughout the process can help make selling your probate house a little easier.
The main distinction between selling a house in probate and a regular sale is that the state probate court supervises the entire process. Expect the following when you sell your Maplewood, MO house in probate.
- The will is authenticated by the court. If there is no executor named, the court will name an administrator.
- All probate property of the decedent must be found, collected, and secured.
- The probate property will be appraised to determine the cash value.
- All taxes and debts in the decedent’s name must be paid and satisfied.
- The remaining property is distributed to the heirs based on the provisions of the will. If there was no will or the will did not specify distribution of assets, state law on inheritance will be applied.
Selling My Probate House in Maplewood, MO
It is possible to sell a probate house in Maplewood, MO. However, because the court supervises the entire probate process, you are tasked with making sure that you are in compliance with Missouri state probate laws when you get ready to sell your house. As the executor or administrator of the Maplewood, MO probate property, you must follow steps to ensure that you sell the probate house the right way. After the will is authenticated, you have been put in charge, and you have decided that you want to sell your probate house, you must:
- Inform those involved. Unless you are the only living relative or only person named in the will, there are others whom the sale of the probate house will affect. You must inform anyone involved with the property that your plan is to sell the probate house.
- Have the property appraised. When you sell your house in probate, the house’s value must be assessed. This allows everyone involved to be aware of how much they can expect to receive from the sale of the Maplewood, MO probate house.
- Decide how to sell. This is where Evervest steps in to make it much easier and faster for you to sell your probate house in Maplewood, MO. You may elect to sell to a home buying company like us or go the traditional home sale route with a real estate agent. You will have to weigh both options. If the house is not in excellent condition or you and your fellow beneficiaries do not want to wait months (or longer) to sell the probate house, you should sell to a home investor like Evervest. Get a fair offer and receive cash quickly.
- Accept the offer. If you decide to sell to home buyers like Evervest, the sale will be closed in under 30 days and often in as little as one to two weeks. After that, you will have sold your probate house and will have cash in the amount of the market value offer.
Evervest can also help you in other home-selling situations, including:
- Selling a Home with a Reverse Mortgage
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling an Inherited House
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
When you find yourself saying, “I need to sell my probate house,” it is up to you to determine how you want to sell. There are always pros and cons to any decision, but selling to Evervest means you can close the sale quickly, sparing you and your family members from a painful, drawn-out, anxiety-filled process. When you sell a home to Evervest, the all-cash offer is for the property as-is, meaning you do not have to do ANYTHING – no cleaning, no repairs, no landscaping, showings, etc. Make it a little easier on yourself and all the beneficiaries of the family member who passed away by selling the probate house to us for cash now.
Sell My Probate House in Maplewood, MO Now | Evervest Home Buyers
When you find out, “I need to sell my probate house,” pick up the phone and call Evervest. When you are already going through a difficult and emotional time, make the process as easy as possible for you and your family members by selling your probate house in Maplewood, MO in a timely manner and for a fair, all-cash offer to Evervest Home Buyers. We are a local Maplewood, MO home buying company. We are well-acquainted with the Maplewood, MO area and Greater St. Louis community, understand how to navigate the probate home selling process, and, most importantly, are dedicated to paying you a fair cash price for your house. When you are ready to sell your probate house in Maplewood, MO, reach out to us right away by giving us a call at 314-730-0366 or filling out the online form.