Sell My Probate House in Bridgeton, MO
Sell My Probate House in Bridgeton, MO. When a family member or someone you were close with passes away, life can be difficult and confusing. On top of confronting the emotions surrounding their passing, you may find yourself having to address legal issues, which typically invovles handling their estate in Bridgeton, MO. To do this, you usually have to enter a probate period. If you are in charge of the estate, you may find that you want or need to sell your probate house in Bridgeton, MO. Dealing with a probate house sale can be overwhelming, but working with an experienced probate house buyer like Evervest can help make this time easier on you.
Evervest Home Buyers has been a staple of the Bridgeton, MO community for 30 years. We have been successful in helping countless Bridgeton, MO families and individuals like you sell their probate houses and other Bridgeton, MO properties quickly and for a fair cash value. If you or your family find yourselves in charge of a probate house in Bridgeton, MO and need to sell, Evervest is here to help. Discover how Evervest can help you sell your probate house in Bridgeton, MO by calling us today at 314-730-0366.
What is a Bridgeton, MO Probate House?
Probate refers to the legal process required to transfer ownership of a property when the property’s original owner passes away. If the decedent–or the person who died–names an executor to manage the estate in their will, that individual will be put in charge of handing and selling the property, paying off the decedent’s debts, distributing assets to the heirs, and handling all other matters related to the estate. In cases where the decedent did not specify an executor in a will, the state will asign an administrator to take charge–almost always the closest living family member.
There are certain cases in which you can avoid probate. Certain types of property that are valued under a specific dollar amount may be passed to beneficiaries without probate. Most houses, though must be handled via probate. However, certain legal arrangements made prior to the family member’s death can keep the house from having to go through probate and alternatively allow individuals to take immediate legal ownership of the house. These arrangements are things like joint ownership with the right of survivorship, revocable trusts, and transfer on death (TOD) deeds. Each state has its own probate laws and practices. Missouri’s probate laws for houses and other properties can be found here.
To sum up, you have a probate house if it is a property that belonged to someone who died and is going through the legal process of verifying the legality of the will or, if there is no will, making sure that the assets are properly divided among living members of the family. Confused yet? You are not alone. Selling a house in probate is a complicated legal procedure that is difficult and hard to understand for many people. Probate laws are meant to protect all family members or rightful heirs by ensuring that the estate of the deceased family member is distributed fairly, but the process of selling your probate house is often difficult to navigate and very stressful.
Luckily, the team at Evervest Home Buyers has experience handling probate house sales in Bridgeton, MO and can help you sell your Bridgeton, MO probate house. We understand the legal restrictions and requirements and can make sure you can sell your Bridgeton, MO probate house successfully.
The Probate Process
Once you have the conscious thought, “I need to sell my probate house in Bridgeton, MO,” you are likely to feel overwhelmed. Selling a probate house in Bridgeton, MO can be confusing and frustrating, but knowing the steps involved and what to expect throughout the process can help make selling your probate house a little easier.
Selling a house in probate differs from a typical home sale in that the state probate court supervises the entire process. Expect the following when you sell your Bridgeton, MO house in probate.
- The will is authenticated by the court. If there is no executor named, the court will name an administrator.
- The executor is to track down, collect, and secure all probate property owned by the decedent.
- The probate property must be appraised to determine the cash value.
- Any taxes and debts in the decedent’s name are paid.
- The remaining property is allocated to the heirs as specified in the will or, in place of a will, according to state law.
Selling My Probate House in Bridgeton, MO
It is possible to sell a probate house in Bridgeton, MO. But due to the legal requirements of the probate process, you are tasked with making sure that you are in compliance with Missouri state probate laws when you get ready to sell your house. As the executor or administrator of the Bridgeton, MO probate property, you must follow steps to ensure that you sell the probate house the right way. After the will is authenticated, you will have the authority to take actions and make decisions. When you decide you want to sell your probate house, you must:
- Inform those involved. Unless you are the only living relative or only person named in the will, there are others whom the sale of the probate house will affect. It is your responsibility to inform anyone with an interest in the property that you are planning to sell the probate house.
- Have the property appraised. To sell your house in probate, the house’s value must be determined so that everyone involved knows how much they can expect to receive from the sale of the Bridgeton, MO probate house.
- Choose how to sell. This is where Evervest steps in to make the process of selling your probate house in Bridgeton, MO much easier and quicker. You may elect to sell to a home buying company like us or go with a traditional real estate sale. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of both options. If the house is not in excellent condition or you and your fellow beneficiaries do not have the luxury of waiting months (or longer) to sell the probate house, the best choice would be to sell to a home investor like Evervest. You will get a fair value and receive cash quickly.
- Accept the offer. If you decide to sell to home buyers like Evervest, you can expect the sale to be closed in under 30 days and often in as little as one to two weeks. At that time, you will have sold your probate house and will be paid cash for the value of the house.
Evervest can also help you in other home-selling situations, including:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
If you are in a situation where you are telling yourself, “I need to sell my probate house,” it is up to you to determine how you want to sell. There are always risks and benefits to any decision, but selling to Evervest means you can close the sale quickly, sparing you and your family members from a painful, drawn-out, stressful process. Remember that at Evervest, our cash offer for your home is for the property as-is, meaning you do not have to do ANYTHING – no cleaning, no repairs, no landscaping, showings, etc. Make the probate process easier on yourself and all the beneficiaries of the family member who passed away by selling the probate house to Evervest for cash now.
Sell My Probate House in Bridgeton, MO Now | Evervest Home Buyers
When you realize, “I need to sell my probate house,” it is time to call Evervest. During a time that is already difficult for everyone involved, make the process as easy as possible for you and your family members by selling your probate house in Bridgeton, MO quickly and for a fair, all-cash offer to Evervest Home Buyers. We are a local Bridgeton, MO home buying company. We are well-acquainted with the Bridgeton, MO area and Greater St. Louis community, are familiar with the probate home selling process, and, most importantly, are dedicated to offering a fair cash price for your house. When you are ready to sell your probate house in Bridgeton, MO, reach out to us right away by giving us a call at 314-730-0366 or filling out the online form.