Sell My Probate House in Valley Park, MO
Sell My Probate House in Valley Park, MO. A death in the family is a painful and confusing time. In addition to reconciling your complex emotions surrounding their death, you may be forced to confront legal issues, one of which invovles handling their estate in Valley Park, MO. To do this, you usually have to enter a probate process. If you are in charge of the estate, you might decide that you want or need to sell your probate house in Valley Park, MO. Managing selling a probate house can be overwhelming, but when you choose to go through a probate sale with the knowledgeable probate house buyers of Evervest, we can help make this time easier on you.
Evervest Home Buyers has been a staple of the Valley Park, MO community for thirty years. We have been successful in helping countless Valley Park, MO families and individuals like you sell their probate houses and other Valley Park, MO properties quickly and for a fair cash value. If you or your family find yourselves in charge of a probate house in Valley Park, MO and need to sell, we are here for you. Talk to us about how Evervest can help you sell your probate house in Valley Park, MO by giving us a call at 314-730-0366.
What is a Valley Park, MO Probate House?
Probate describes the legal process required to transfer ownership of a property when the property’s original owner passes away. If the decedent–or the person who died–left a legally enforceable will naming an executor to manage the estate in their will, that individual will take charge of handing and selling the property, paying off the decedent’s debts, distributing assets to the heirs, and handling all other matters related to the estate. In cases where the decedent did not specify an executor in a will, the state will asign an administrator to take charge–which is most often the closest living relative.
There are certain cases in which the probate period can be avoided. Certain types of property under a specific dollar value may be passed to beneficiaries without having to go through the probate process. Most houses, though must be handled via probate. However, there are some legal provisions that allow you to avoid the house having to go through probate and instead allow individuals to take immediate legal ownership of the house. Examples of this are joint ownership with the right of survivorship, revocable trusts, and transfer on death (TOD) deeds. Probate laws and regulations vary by state. Missouri’s probate laws for houses and other properties can be found here.
To sum up, a house in probate is a house belonging to a person who passed away undergoing the legal process of verifying the legality of the will or, if there is no will, making sure that the assets are fairly split up and assigned to living members of the family. Are you stressed out yet? You are in good company. Selling a house in probate is a complicated legal process that is difficult and hard to understand for many people. Probate laws are meant to make sure everyone involved in the estate of the deceased family member gets their fair share, but the process of selling your probate house is often stressful and confusing.
Luckily, the team at Evervest Home Buyers is well-versed in buying probate houses in Valley Park, MO and is ready to help you sell your Valley Park, MO probate house. We are familiar with the legal requirements and procedures and can make sure you can sell your Valley Park, MO probate house successfully.
The Probate Process
Once you have the conscious thought, “I need to sell my probate house in Valley Park, MO,” you are likely to feel overwhelmed. In order to help manage the stress and anxiety of selling a probate house in Valley Park, MO, it helps to become familiar with the steps of the process and what to expect.
Selling a house in probate differs from a typical home sale in that the state probate court oversees the entire process. Expect the following when you sell your Valley Park, MO house in probate.
- The will is authenticated by the court. If there is no executor named, the court will name an administrator.
- The executor is to track down, collect, and secure all probate property owned by the decedent.
- The probate property will be appraised to determine the cash value.
- Any taxes and debts in the decedent’s name are paid.
- The remaining property is distributed to the heirs based on the provisions of the will. If there was no will or the will did not specify distribution of assets, state law on inheritance will be applied.
Selling My Probate House in Valley Park, MO
It is possible to sell a probate house in Valley Park, MO. But due to the legal requirements of the probate process, you must take extra care to ensure that you sell your probate house according to Missouri state probate laws. As the executor or administrator of the Valley Park, MO probate property, you must follow steps to ensure that you sell the probate house the right way. After the will is authenticated, you have been put in charge, and you have decided that you want to sell your probate house, you must:
- Inform everyone involved. Unless you are the only living relative or only person named in the will, there are others whom the sale of the probate house will affect. You must inform anyone involved with the property that you are planning to sell the probate house.
- Have the property appraised. To sell your house in probate, the value of the house must be officially assessed. This allows everyone involved to be aware of how much they can expect to receive from the sale of the Valley Park, MO probate house.
- Decide how to sell. This is where Evervest steps in to make it much easier and faster for you to sell your probate house in Valley Park, MO. You may elect to sell to a home buying company like us or go with a traditional real estate sale. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of both options. If the house is not in excellent condition or you and your fellow beneficiaries do not have the luxury of waiting months (or longer) to sell the probate house, the best choice would be to sell to a home investor like Evervest. You will get a fair value and receive cash quickly.
- Accept the offer. If you decide to sell to home buyers like Evervest, the sale will be closed in under 30 days and often in as little as one to two weeks. After that, you will have sold your probate house and will have cash in the amount of the market value offer.
Evervest can also help you in other home-selling situations, including:
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
If you are in a situation where you are telling yourself, “I need to sell my probate house,” it is up to you to determine how you want to sell. There are pros and cons to any decision, but selling to our experienced probate home buyers means you can close the sale quickly, allowing you and your family members to receive payment quickly and avoid a painful, drawn-out, anxiety-filled process. When you sell a home to Evervest, the all-cash offer is for the property as-is. In other words, there is no time, money, or effort required on your end – no cleaning, no repairs, no landscaping, showings, etc. Make the probate process easier for you and your family by selling the probate house to Evervest for cash now.
Sell My Probate House in Valley Park, MO Now | Evervest Home Buyers
When you realize, “I have to sell my probate house,” pick up the phone and call Evervest. During a time that is already difficult for everyone involved, spare you and your family members and sell your probate house in Valley Park, MO quickly and for a fair market value offer through Evervest Home Buyers. We are a local Valley Park, MO home buying company. We are well-acquainted with the Valley Park, MO area and Greater St. Louis community, understand how to navigate the probate home selling process, and, most importantly, are committed to paying you a fair cash price for your house. When you are ready to sell your probate house in Valley Park, MO, get in touch with us right away by calling us at 314-730-0366 or filling out the online form.