Sell My Probate House in Kirkwood, MO
Sell My Probate House in Kirkwood, MO. When a family member or someone you were close with passes away, life can be difficult and confusing. On top of reconciling the emotions surrounding their passing, you may be forced to confront legal issues, which typically includes handling their estate in Kirkwood, MO. To do this, you usually have to enter a probate period. As the appointed executor or administrator of the estate, you might find that you want or need to sell your probate house in Kirkwood, MO. Dealing with selling a probate house can be overwhelming, but when you choose to go through a probate sale with the knowledgeable probate house buyers of Evervest, we can help make this time easier on you.
Evervest Home Buyers has been a fixture in the Kirkwood, MO community for thirty years. Throughout our existence, we have helped many Kirkwood, MO families and individuals like you sell their probate houses and other Kirkwood, MO properties in a fair, fast, and stress-free process. If you or your family find yourselves in charge of a probate house in Kirkwood, MO and need to sell, we are here for you. Find out how Evervest can help you sell your probate house in Kirkwood, MO by calling us today at 314-730-0366.
What is a Kirkwood, MO Probate House?
Probate refers to the legal process of transferring ownership of a property after the property’s original owner passes away. If the decedent–or the person who died–names an executor to manage the estate in their will, that person will take charge of handing and selling the property, paying off the decedent’s debts, distributing assets to the heirs, and handling all other matters related to the estate. In cases where the decedent did not provide a legally applicable will specifying an executor, the state will appoint an administrator to take charge–almost always the closest capable relative.
However, in some cases you can avoid probate. Some types of property under a specific dollar value may be passed to beneficiaries without probate. Properties such as houses often do enter probate. However, there are some legal provisions that allow you to avoid the house having to go through probate and alternatively immediately transfer legal ownership of the property to others. Examples of this are joint ownership with the right of survivorship, revocable trusts, and transfer on death (TOD) deeds. Each state has its own probate laws and practices. You can view detailed information on Missouri’s property probate laws here.
So, a house in probate is a house belonging to a person who passed away going through the legal process of verifying the legality of the will or, if there is no will, making sure that the assets are properly divided among living family members. Are you stressed out yet? You are in good company. Selling a house in probate is a complex legal process that is difficult and hard to understand for many people. Probate laws are supposed to make sure everyone involved in the estate of the deceased family member gets their fair share, but the process of selling your probate house is often stressful and confusing.
Fortunately, the team at Evervest Home Buyers is well-versed in handling probate house sales in Kirkwood, MO and can help you sell your Kirkwood, MO probate house. We are familiar with the legal requirements and procedures and will help you successfully navigate selling your Kirkwood, MO probate house.
The Probate Process
When you find yourself in a situation where you realize, “I need to sell my probate house in Kirkwood, MO,” it is easy to get overwhelmed. In order to help manage the stress and anxiety of selling a probate house in Kirkwood, MO, it helps to become familiar with the steps of the process and what to expect.
Selling a house in probate differs from a typical home sale in that the state probate court supervises the entire process. When you sell your Kirkwood, MO house in probate, you will go through the following process.
- Prove in court that the decedent’s will is valid or have the court appoint an administrator.
- All probate property of the decedent must be found, collected, and secured.
- The probate property will be appraised for its monetary value.
- All taxes and debts in the decedent’s name must be paid and satisfied.
- The remaining property is distributed to the heirs as specified in the will or, in place of a will, according to state law.
Selling My Probate House in Kirkwood, MO
You can sell your probate house in Kirkwood, MO. However, because the court supervises the entire probate process, you must take extra care to ensure that you sell your probate house according to Missouri state probate laws. When you are the executor or administrator of the Kirkwood, MO probate property, you must follow steps to ensure that you sell the probate house the right way. After the will is authenticated, you have been put in charge, and you have decided that you want to sell your probate house, you must:
- Inform everyone involved. Unless you are the only living relative or only person named in the will, there are others whom the sale of the probate house will affect. It is your responsibility to inform anyone involved with the property that your plan is to sell the probate house.
- Have the property appraised. When you sell your house in probate, the house’s value must be determined so that everyone involved knows how much they can expect to receive from the sale of the Kirkwood, MO probate house.
- Determine how to sell. This is where Evervest comes in to make it much easier and faster for you to sell your probate house in Kirkwood, MO. You can decided between selling to a home buying company like us or go the traditional home sale route with a real estate agent. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of both options. If the house is not in excellent condition or you and your fellow beneficiaries do not have the luxury of waiting months (or longer) to sell the probate house, you should sell to a home investor like Evervest. Get a fair offer and receive cash quickly.
- Accept the offer. If you decide to sell to home buyers like Evervest, you can expect the sale to be closed in under 30 days and frequently in only one or two weeks. At that time, you will have sold your probate house and will have cash for the value of the house.
Evervest can also help you in other home-selling situations, including:
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
If you are in a situation where you are telling yourself, “I need to sell my probate house,” you will have to decide how to go about selling. There are always risks and benefits to any option, but selling to our experienced probate home buyers offers a way to close the sale quickly, sparing you and your family members from a painful, drawn-out, anxiety-filled process. Remember that at Evervest, our cash offer for your home is for the property as-is. In other words, there is no time, money, or effort required on your end – no cleaning, no repairs, no landscaping, showings, etc. Make the probate process a little easier on yourself and all the beneficiaries of the family member who passed away by selling the probate house to us for cash now.
Sell My Probate House in Kirkwood, MO Now | Evervest Home Buyers
When you find out, “I have to sell my probate house,” it is time to call Evervest. During a time that is already difficult for everyone involved, make the process as easy as possible for you and your family members by selling your probate house in Kirkwood, MO quickly and for a fair, all-cash offer to Evervest Home Buyers. We are a local Kirkwood, MO home buying company. We know the Kirkwood, MO area and Greater St. Louis community, know how to deal with the probate home selling process, and, most importantly, are committed to paying you a fair cash price for your house. When you are ready to sell your probate house in Kirkwood, MO, get in touch with us right away by calling us at 314-730-0366 or filling out the online form.