How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Kirkwood, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Kirkwood, MO. Are in possession a property in Kirkwood that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained mold or wind damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up houses that need major repairs in the Kirkwood, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from houses they felt were holding them back. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Kirkwood, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Kirkwood, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The idea of added costs of paying contractors, or the months it would take to do the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Common major repairs needed in Kirkwood, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home “unsellable” to most prospective home buyers include unpleasant smells, restricted natural light, bad architecture like a poor floor plan, a house that’s unstaged, or even outdated properties that have unappealing decor like old appliances.
Why Do Some Kirkwood, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Properties, like cars, need to be maintained and require minor repairs from time to time. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, such as if the house was vacant for months or years or you inherited the home from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was lived in by bad tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can cause catastrophic damage with little to no notice.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Kirkwood, MO
If your Kirkwood, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Kirkwood, MO homeowners are able to paint walls, major repairs such as termite damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many commodities such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of experts to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when hiring a professional, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy houses that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save untold amounts of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of the conventional market.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Kirkwood, MO
Our Kirkwood, MO cash home buyers are direct and considerate. Whatever the condition your property is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Kirkwood, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
We make the home selling process as simple as we can with four easy steps:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to tidy up before we come over, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your house in as little as a month. We are always honest about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Kirkwood, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other types of properties we buy on Kirkwood, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Kirkwood, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Kirkwood, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.