How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Bel-Nor, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Bel-Nor, MO. Do you own a house in Bel-Nor that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Does it have asbestos or wind damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping homes that need major repairs in the Bel-Nor, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of homes they felt were holding them back. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Bel-Nor, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a cozy home for their Bel-Nor, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The idea of added costs of paying contractors, or the months it would take to make all the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Bel-Nor, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property “unsellable” to most prospective home buyers include unpleasant smells, little natural light, poor construction like low ceilings, a house that’s cluttered, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unsightly furnishing like old appliances.
Why Do Some Bel-Nor, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When slight damage isn’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a home was vacant for a long time or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become significant issues.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was rented difficult tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural disasters can cause catastrophic damage with little to no notice.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Bel-Nor, MO
If you want to sell a house in Bel-Nor, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many Bel-Nor, MO homeowners can teach themselves how to change a carpet, major repairs such as asbestos damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many construction essentials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of professionals to repair the damage for you, but again that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. A roof replacement can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll have the added costs of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Bel-Nor, MO
Our Bel-Nor, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and considerate. Whatever what damage your home has sustained or what neighborhood it’s in, we want to discuss it. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Bel-Nor, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Bel-Nor, MO is quick:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one buying your property. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home in as little as a month. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Bel-Nor, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of homes we buy on Bel-Nor, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Bel-Nor, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see what our previous Bel-Nor, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.