How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs St. John, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in St. John, MO. Do you have a home in St. John that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have mold or flooding damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that need major repairs in the St. John, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from properties that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. John, MO?
Most prospective home buyers want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a pleasant home for their St. John, MO family. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house with serious damage. They’re already using a lot of their savings when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to make. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Serious damage that we often see in St. John, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include unpleasant smells, little natural light, bad construction like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are outmoded that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in St. John, MO?
Houses, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When slight damage isn’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural events can quickly cause damage to a home as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. John, MO
If you want to sell a house in St. John, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in St. John, MO are able to change a carpet, major repairs such as water damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many materials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can hire experts to repair the damage for you, but again that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in St. John, MO
Our St. John, MO cash home buyers are direct and considerate. Regardless of what damage your home has sustained or where it’s located, we can take it off your hands. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our St. John, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in St. John, MO is pain-free:
We perform an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your house as quickly as a month. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your St. John, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of houses we buy on St. John, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in St. John, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see what our previous St. John, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.