How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Normandy, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Normandy, MO. Do you have a home in Normandy that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have termite or wind damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that have serious damage in the Normandy, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners get rid of houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Normandy, MO
Most prospective home buyers want one in turnkey condition so their Normandy, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house with serious damage. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Serious damage that we often see in Normandy, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property “unsellable” to the majority of potential home buyers include bad odors, restricted natural light, poor construction like a poor floor plan, a home that’s cluttered, or even outdated properties that have unappealing furnishing like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Normandy, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and require minor upkeep from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become serious issues.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by bad tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural events can tragically cause damage to a property as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Normandy, MO
If you want to sell a house in Normandy, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Normandy, MO homeowners are able to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as asbestos damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many materials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can hire professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy properties that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is property for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save a significant amount of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the home as-is, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Normandy, MO
Our Normandy, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and considerate. Regardless of what damage your home has sustained or where it’s located, we would like to buy it. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Normandy, MO neighborhoods.
We make the home buying process as quick as possible with four easy steps:
We perform an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, you don’t even have to tidy up before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home as quickly as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Normandy, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to discover the other services we offer on Normandy, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Normandy, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Normandy property. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Normandy, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.