How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Peculiar, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Peculiar, MO. Do you have a home in Peculiar that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Does it have asbestos or hail damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that have serious damage in the Peculiar, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of properties they felt were holding them back. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Peculiar, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Peculiar, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Serious damage that we often see in Peculiar, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include bad smells, limited natural light, bad design like a poor floor plan, a home that’s cluttered, or even outdated properties that have bad furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Peculiar, MO?
Homes, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have minor damage fixed whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was lived in by irresponsible tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural events can tragically cause damage to a house as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Peculiar, MO
If your Peculiar, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Peculiar, MO residents are able to paint walls, major repairs such as asbestos damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many materials such as wood is still going up and down.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can hire professionals to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. A roof replacement can cost at minimum $5,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll have the added costs of third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Peculiar, MO
Our Peculiar, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Regardless of what damage your home has sustained or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Peculiar, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
We make the home selling process as quick as possible with four easy steps:
We conduct our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home in as little as 30 days. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your Peculiar, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Peculiar, MO:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Peculiar, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Peculiar, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.