How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Lemay, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Lemay, MO. Are in possession a home in Lemay that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Does it have mold or hail damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair and fast offers for homes that need major repairs in the Lemay, MO area. In our 30 years of experience, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from properties that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lemay, MO?
Most prospective home buyers want one in turnkey condition so their Lemay, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. The thought of added costs of paying contractors, or the time it would take to handle the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Lemay, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to the majority of prospective home buyers include bad smells, little natural light, poor construction like low ceilings, a home that’s cluttered, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unappealing furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Lemay, MO?
Homes, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become worsen and cause serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had irresponsible tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can tragically cause damage to a home as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lemay, MO
If your Lemay, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Lemay, MO are able to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as fire damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the cost of many commodities such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to deal with the damage — You can hire outside contractors to repair the damage for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. replacing an entire roof can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when hiring general contractors, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of whatever you end up selling the house for, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lemay, MO
Our Lemay, MO cash home buyers are honest and considerate. Regardless of what damage your property has sustained or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Lemay, MO neighborhoods.
We make the home buying process as simple as we can with four easy steps:
We conduct our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, you don’t even have to tidy up before we arrive, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your home in as little as a month. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Lemay, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of properties we buy on Lemay, MO:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lemay, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Lemay property. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Lemay, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.