How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Marshfield, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Marshfield, MO. Do you own a house in Marshfield that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained asbestos or hail damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping houses that have serious damage in the Marshfield, MO area. In our 30 years buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from homes they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Marshfield, MO?
Most prospective home buyers want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a pleasant home for their Marshfield, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The thought of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Marshfield, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include unpleasant smells, restricted natural light, bad architecture like a poor floor plan, a home that’s unstaged, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad furnishing like old appliances.
Why Do Some Marshfield, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Properties, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had bad tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can quickly cause damage to a house as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Marshfield, MO
If you want to sell a house in Marshfield, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Marshfield, MO residents can figure out how to install a new carpet, major repairs such as termite damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many materials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of experts to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when hiring a professional, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in houses that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll have the added expenses of third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Marshfield, MO
Our Marshfield, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and considerate. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or where it’s located, we are interested in it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Marshfield, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in Marshfield, MO is quick:
We perform our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we arrive, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your property in as little as 30 days. We will always be straightforward about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to give you as much as we can for your Marshfield, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other services we offer on Marshfield, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Marshfield, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Marshfield property. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Marshfield, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.