How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Mehlville, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Mehlville, MO. Are in possession a home in Mehlville that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained termite or flooding damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that need major repairs in the Mehlville, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from houses they no longer wanted. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Mehlville, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a pleasant home for their Mehlville, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Serious damage that we often see in Mehlville, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property almost impossible to sell to most potential home buyers include unpleasant smells, limited natural light, bad architecture like a poor floor plan, a house that’s cluttered, or even homes that are outmoded that have unappealing decor like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Mehlville, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like cars, need to be maintained and require minor upkeep from time to time. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, such as if the property was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had difficult tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can cause serious damage in no time.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Mehlville, MO
If your Mehlville, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Mehlville, MO are able to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as mold damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can hire outside contractors to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when hiring a professional, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in turnkey condition, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Mehlville, MO
Our Mehlville, MO cash home buyers are direct and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or where it’s located, we want to discuss it. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Mehlville, MO communities.
We make the home buying process as easy as possible with four easy steps:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you wash the dishes before we come over, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can close on your home as quickly as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Mehlville, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Click on the links below to see the other types of homes we buy on Mehlville, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Mehlville, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Mehlville property. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Mehlville, MO residents move on from properties that needed serious repairs. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.