How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Olivette, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Olivette, MO. Are in possession a home in Olivette that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained termite or hail damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that have serious damage in the Olivette, MO area. In our 30 years of experience, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from homes they no longer wanted. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Olivette, MO?
Most prospective home buyers want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Olivette, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house with serious damage. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. The thought of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the months it would take to handle the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Olivette, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include disagreeable odors, restricted natural light, poor architecture like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Olivette, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have slight damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had irresponsible tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural events can quickly cause damage to a home as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Olivette, MO
If your Olivette, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Olivette, MO can figure out how to change a carpet, major repairs such as termite damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, when the cost of many materials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can hire professionals to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save untold amounts of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of the conventional market.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Olivette, MO
Our Olivette, MO cash home buyers are direct and considerate. Whatever what damage your property has sustained or where it’s located, we can take it off your hands. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than 30 years of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Olivette, MO communities.
Our home buying process in Olivette, MO is stress-free:
We carry out our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we come over, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your property in as little as a month. We will always be straightforward about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Olivette, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to discover the other services we offer on Olivette, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Olivette, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Olivette, MO residents move on from properties that needed serious repairs. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.