How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Town and Country, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Town and Country, MO. Are in possession a house in Town and Country that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have asbestos or hail damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair, all-cash offers for houses that need major repairs in the Town and Country, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from houses that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Town and Country, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want one in turnkey condition so their Town and Country, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The thought of added costs of paying contractors, or the time it would take to handle the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Town and Country, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include bad smells, restricted natural light, bad construction like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are outmoded that have bad decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Town and Country, MO?
Houses, like cars, need to be maintained and need to have minor damage fixed whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for months or years or you inherited the home from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become significant problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had bad tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural disasters can cause catastrophic damage in no time.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Town and Country, MO
If your Town and Country, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many people in Town and Country, MO can figure out how to paint walls, major repairs such as mold damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the price of many construction essentials such as wood is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of professionals to handle the major repairs for you, but, like like the previous option, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while a full kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of the conventional market.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added costs of third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Town and Country, MO
Our Town and Country, MO cash home buyers are honest and non-judgmental. Whatever the condition your property is in or where it’s located, we would like to buy it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Town and Country, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Town and Country, MO is simple:
We perform our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you wash the dishes before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your home in as little as 30 days. We will always be direct about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Town and Country, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves down the road. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Click on the links below to see the other services we offer on Town and Country, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Town and Country, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Town and Country, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.