How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Columbia, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Columbia, MO. Do you own a house in Columbia that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Does it have asbestos or fire damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair and fast offers for houses that need major repairs in the Columbia, MO area. In our 30 years buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of homes they no longer wanted. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (573) 367-5767 or reach out through our website.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Columbia, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a cozy home for their Columbia, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Common major repairs needed in Columbia, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a house almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include disagreeable odors, limited natural light, poor design like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Columbia, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor repairs from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a house was vacant for months or years or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant issues.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had bad tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural events can cause serious damage with little to no notice.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Columbia, MO
If your Columbia, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Columbia, MO homeowners are able to paint walls, major repairs such as mold damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, when the cost of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of outside contractors to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Columbia, MO
Our Columbia, MO cash home buyers are honest and discreet. Whatever what damage your property has sustained or where it’s located, we can take it off your hands. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Columbia, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
We make the home buying process as easy as possible with four easy steps:
We perform an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you wash the dishes before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your property in as little as 30 days. We will always be direct about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Columbia, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other services we offer on Columbia, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Columbia, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Columbia, MO residents get rid of properties that needed serious repairs. Call us today at (573) 367-5767 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.