How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs St. Ann, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in St. Ann, MO. Do you have a house in St. Ann that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained mold or hail damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping houses that need major repairs in the St. Ann, MO area. In our 30 years of experience, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of homes they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Ann, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their St. Ann, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house with serious damage. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Common serious damage in St. Ann, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a house “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include bad odors, little natural light, bad architecture like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unsightly decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in St. Ann, MO?
Houses, like cars, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage taken care of whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a home was vacant for months or years or you inherited the home from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and turn into more serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can tragically cause damage to a home as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Ann, MO
If you want to sell a house in St. Ann, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many St. Ann, MO homeowners can teach themselves how to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as fire damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many commodities such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to deal with the damage — You can enlist the services of experts to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. A roof replacement can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a full kitchen remodel can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in homes that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Ann, MO
Our St. Ann, MO cash home buyers are honest and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your home needs or where it’s located, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our St. Ann, MO communities.
We make the home selling process as quick as possible with four easy steps:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can close on your home as quickly as 30 days. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your St. Ann, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of houses we buy on St. Ann, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
St. Ann, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other St. Ann, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.