How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Ferguson, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Ferguson, MO. Do you own a property in Ferguson that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Does it have mold or fire damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair, all-cash offers for homes that have serious damage in the Ferguson, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of properties they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ferguson, MO
Most prospective home buyers want one in turnkey condition so their Ferguson, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. The idea of added expenses of paying contractors, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Ferguson, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include unpleasant odors, little natural light, bad design like a poor floor plan, a home that’s unstaged, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unsightly decor like old appliances.
Why Do Some Ferguson, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Properties, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was rented irresponsible tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can cause major damage in no time.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ferguson, MO
If you want to sell a house in Ferguson, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many Ferguson, MO homeowners can learn how to change a carpet, major repairs such as termite damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the price of many construction essentials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a full kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in turnkey shape, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ferguson, MO
Our Ferguson, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or where it’s located, we can take it off your hands. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Ferguson, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
We make the home buying process as easy as possible with four easy steps:
We perform our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your house in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Ferguson, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of homes we buy on Ferguson, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Ferguson, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see what our previous Ferguson, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.