Selling a House in Poor Condition in Ferguson, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Ferguson, MO. We understand, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you aren’t predisposed to make the minor updates necessary for the traditional market, or are asking yourself how on earth you’re going sell a home with significant termite damage, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is properties in the Ferguson area, and can close in as little as 30 days. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we will make you an offer. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Ferguson, MO and want a a fast and easy solution, call Evervest today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property online.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Ferguson, MO?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some homeowners, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the walls need repainting. Typically, houses in poor condition can be categorized by three types: homes that no one can live in, houses that need extensive remodeling, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, a house is in such poor shape that it does not provide the basic shelter a home has to. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- Extensive Fire or water damage
- Lead and/or asbestos you can’t eliminate
- Black mold
- Serious foundation issues
- Termite damage
- Serious electrical issues
- Considerable roof damage
- 2. Houses that need major work done — Other houses habitable, but still have major issues. Houses in need of major fixes are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need aesthetic repairs or are other minor patchwork — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but may not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
- The house is in bad neighborhood
- It’s a rental and you have bad tenants
- It’s an outdated home
- It’s been vacant for a long period
- Crimes were committed at the property
- Dirty surfaces
- Untended landscape
- Peeling paint
- Minor wood rot
If you need to sell a house in poor condition in Ferguson, MO, it will be much harder than selling a turnkey house, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Ferguson, MO in Poor Condition? Read on For Help
Most home buyers want a house they can envision themselves relaxing in, not one they’ll have to put work into, or spend money to bring it up to par after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a house that is already turnkey property is easier to a traditional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Ferguson, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This will secure the most money for your house on the traditional market. However, you might not get back the cost of the repairs in the sale. An entire home remodeling will run between $17,942-$78,270. According to research from the national cost vs. value report, most repairs only get a 50-70% return on investment. For instance, the average roof replacement for asphalt shingles costs $31,535, but only adds $18,780 to your final sale price. While investing in major repairs will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you’re unlikely to profit off of the repairs you made. The upgrades will also add months or even a year to the time before you can list your house on the Ferguson, MO market.
- Make aesthetic repairs — Another option is to merely make your Ferguson house more attractive. Curb appeal alone can raise a house’s value by almost 10% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is much cheaper than major repairs:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t recoup all those expenses through the sale, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The aesthetic upgrades will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — There are some conventional buyers who will buy a property in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and incrementally repair the house over time. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the lawn to be tidy, and that you’ll put effort into staging the home. That alone can lead to you spending more money.
- Sell in its current condition to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your home to a cash home buying company in Ferguson, MO. At Evervest, we give all cash offers for homes in any condition. Then, we make the repairs ourselves and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is easy and gets cash in your hand in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and close in as little as a week
Our process is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely nuisance-free. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a licensed Ferguson, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with over three decades of experience. We are always straightforward to Ferguson, MO residents about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and improve our Ferguson neighborhoods.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition to a cash home buyer, call us at (314) 730-0366, or read on to discover more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Ferguson, MO: FAQs
Nearly one-third of American homes sell to cash buyers, according data from a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the value in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most Ferguson, MO homeowners who reach out to us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately it can be. There are dishonest people in this world who lie to others for money. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we pride ourselves on our honesty and dedication to our neighborhoods. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our perfect score with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in more than two decades we have never gone back on a contract because we didn’t abide by its terms.
We grew up in the Ferguson, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children in the same place. We’re not trying to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely believe is fair. How much your home is worth is based on numerous different factors, including where in St. Louis, MO it’s located, its size, and the cost of making all the repairs. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that give home value estimates. You can also consult with a credentialed appraiser who can give you their professional opinion.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Yes. We’ve purchased homes from people who owe back taxes and have houses in foreclosure. Selling a home for cash is an excellent way to get the funds to pay off your debts quickly.
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is fun, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to cover the full purchase of the property, and aren’t won’t be getting a mortgage.
Other types of properties we buy in Ferguson, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a House in Poor Condition in St. Louis, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a bad experience, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering St. Louis, MO residents a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let an old home weigh you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your St. Louis, MO home in poor condition, call us at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property online.