Selling a House in Poor Condition in Riverside, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Riverside, MO. We understand, some houses seem impossible to sell. Whether you don’t want to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for a traditional buyer, or are asking yourself how on earth you’re going sell a home with considerable water damage, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your unwanted property off your hands. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is homes in the Riverside area, and can complete the transfer in as little as a month. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we will make you an offer. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Riverside, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property through our website.
When Is a House in Riverside, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is an inexact phrase. To some, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: houses that no one can live in, houses that need major repairs, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that it does not provide the basic shelter a home must. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of serious repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses don’t need major remodeling done, but could possibly not be appealing to conventional home buyer because of other issues:
If you’re looking to sell a house in poor condition in Riverside, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a house that’s already in pristine condition, but that doesn’t mean it’s completely unsellable.
Selling a House in Riverside, MO in Poor Condition? You Have a Few Options
Most home buyers want a house they can see themselves relaxing in, not one they’ll have to work on for years, or pay someone thousands of dollars to fix after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a property that is already in turnkey condition is not as hard to a traditional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Riverside, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major upgrades — This is how you can secure the most value for your property from a traditional buyer. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to get your money back. A total home renovation will run up to $78,270. According to national cost vs. value report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% return on investment. For instance, the average roof replacement for asphalt shingles costs $31,535, but only adds $18,780 in value to your home. While making major upgrades will almost certainly fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t recoup all the money you spent on repairs. The upgrades will also add significant time to the time before your house is ready for the Riverside, MO market.
- Make cosmetic upgrades — Another thing you can do is merely make your Riverside house more attractive. Curb appeal by itself can raise a home’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you’ll be giving up substantially less money than if you do a full renovation. The cosmetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — There are some conventional buyers who will buy a home in poor condition in an effort to spend less upfront and slowly make upgrades over the years. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still expect the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll make the home look nice when they see it. All of that takes additional time and money.
- Sell in poor condition to an as-is home buyer — Lastly, you can sell your home to a cash home buyer in Riverside, MO. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is stress-free and gets cash in your account in as little as a month:
- We carry out our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- If you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in just 7 days
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your house. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people looking over your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to do the dishes before we do our inspection.
Our team is made up of a licensed Riverside, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with over 30 years of experience. We are always straightforward to Riverside, MO homeowners about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we buy and renovate houses to make a moderate amount of money and give Riverside families a place to settle down.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition for cash, get in touch with us at (816) 368-8508, or read on to discover more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Riverside, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
31.4% of American homes sell to cash buyers, according to a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the wisdom in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most people in Riverside, MO who inquire to us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. There are dishonest people in this world who try to trick others for money. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we pride ourselves on our integrity and devotion to our communities. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before you sign, and in more than two decades we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Riverside, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families in the same place. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely think is fair. The value of your home is based on numerous different factors, including what Riverside, MO neighborhood it’s in, how big it is, and the condition its in. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that offer home value estimates. You can also consult with a professional assessor who can give you their professional opinion.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to cover the full purchase of the home, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Riverside, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can seem impossible, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has more than three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents get full value for their properties. Don’t let an old house keep you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.