Selling a House in Poor Condition in Ladue, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Ladue, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you aren’t predisposed to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for the traditional market, or are asking yourself if you’re ever going to be able unload a house with considerable asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your poor condition property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is homes in the Ladue area, and can close in as little as a few weeks. No matter what condition your property is in, we are interested in buying it. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Ladue, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property through our website.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Ladue, MO?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some house buyers, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Generally, houses in poor condition can be broken down into three categories: homes that you can’t live in, houses that need significant work done, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can safely live in it. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- Considerable Fire or water damage
- Lead and/or asbestos you can’t get rid of
- Black mold
- Significant foundation issues
- Termite damage
- Considerable electrical issues
- Extensive roof damage
- 2. Houses that need major repairs — Other houses habitable, but not ideal. Houses in need of major work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of aesthetic repairs or are other minor patchwork — Some houses don’t need major repairs done, but might not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
- The house is in bad part of town
- It’s a rental and you have bad tenants
- It’s an outdated house
- It’s been vacant for a long period
- Crimes were committed at the property
- Stained surfaces
- Untended landscape
- Peeling paint
- Minor wood rot
If you need to sell a house in poor condition in Ladue, MO, it will be much harder than selling a house that’s already in pristine shape, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
Selling a House in Ladue, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most home buyers want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to work on for years, or spend money to bring it up to par after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a property that is already in turnkey condition is easier to a conventional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Ladue, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This is how you can secure the most value for your house from a traditional buyer. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to get your money back. A total home renovation will run between $17,942-$78,270. According to national cost vs. value report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% return on investment. For example, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 in value to your home. While making significant upgrades will almost certainly fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The upgrades will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before your house is ready for the Ladue, MO market.
- Make minor upgrades — An alternative is to simply make your Ladue house more attractive. Curb appeal by itself can increase a property’s sale price by 7% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you’ll be sacrificing significantly less money than if you do a full renovation. The aesthetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the conventional market — Some prospective homeowners may buy a house in poor condition with the hope of spending less on the down payment and gradually make upgrades over the years. Those will be more difficult to find, and they’ll still expect an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell in poor condition to an as-is home buyer — The final option is to sell your home to a company that pays cash for Ladue-area homes. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in poor condition. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is simple and gets cash in your account in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you accept our offer, we can have a contract ready and close in as little as 7 days
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely hassle-free. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a licensed Ladue, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with over three decades of experience. We are always straightforward to Ladue, MO residents about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and improve our Ladue neighborhoods.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition to a cash home buyer, call us at (314) 730-0366, or read on to discover more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Ladue, MO: FAQs
31.4% of U.S. home purchases are paid for with cash, according to a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the value in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most people in Ladue, MO who call us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the questions we get the most about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. The world has no shortage of dishonest people. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we pride ourselves on our honesty and devotion to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can check out our client testimonials and our perfect score with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before you sign, and in 20+ years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Ladue, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children in the same place. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely think is fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different things, including what Ladue, MO neighborhood it’s in, how big it is, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are many sites, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also hire a licensed assessor who can give you their professional opinion.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Yes. We’ve bought homes from people who owe back taxes and have houses in foreclosure. Selling a home for cash is an excellent way to get the funds to become debt-free quickly.
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to cover the full purchase of the house, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Ladue, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a House in Poor Condition in St. Louis, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can seem impossible, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering St. Louis, MO residents get fair value for their properties. Don’t let an old house hold you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your St. Louis, MO home in poor condition, call us at (314) 730-0366 or get your offer through our website.