Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kearney, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Kearney, MO. We get it, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you don’t want to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for a conventional buyer, or are wondering how on earth you’re going sell a home with considerable water damage, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your unwanted property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is houses in the Kearney area, and can close in as little as 30 days. No matter what shape your property is in, we will make you an offer. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Kearney, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Kearney, MO?
“Poor condition,” is an umbrella term. To some house buyers, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant remodeling, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, a house is in such bad condition that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major work done — Other houses habitable, but still have major issues. Houses in need of major work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses that need cosmetic fixes or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses don’t need major repairs done, but might not be appealing to conventional home buyer because of other issues:
If you need to sell a house in poor condition in Kearney, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a turnkey house, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Kearney, MO in Poor Condition? Read on For Help
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to fix up, or pay someone thousands of dollars to bring it up to par after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a property that is already turnkey property is not as hard to a traditional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Kearney, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This is how you can secure the most money for your property from a conventional buyer. However, the cost of getting there is high. A total house remodeling will run up to $78,270. According to national cost vs. value averages, most repairs only get a 50-70% return on investment. For instance, the average bathroom remodel costs $27,164, but only adds $15,990 in value to your home. While investing in major repairs will almost certainly get you the most money for your house at final sale, you probably won’t recoup all the money you spent on repairs. The repairs will also add months or even a year to the time before your house is ready for the Kearney, MO market.
- Make cosmetic upgrades — Another thing you can do is merely raise your Kearney home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal by itself can increase a house’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is much easier to fit in a budget:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you’ll be sacrificing substantially less money than if you do a full renovation. The added curb appeal will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a conventional buyers — Some prospective homeowners may buy a property as-is with the hope of spending less on the down payment and gradually make upgrades over time. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll put effort into staging the home. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell “as-is” to cash home buying company — Lastly, you can sell your property to a company that pays cash for Kearney-area homes. At Evervest, we give all cash offers for homes in any condition. Then, we renovate the home and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is simple and gets money in your hand in as little as a month:
- We carry out our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you agree to sell to us, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in as little as a week
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely hassle-free. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to do the dishes when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a professional Kearney, MO real estate broker, and a contractor with more than three decades of experience. We are always straightforward to Kearney, MO residents about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to make a moderate amount of money and enhance our Kearney neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, get in touch with us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kearney, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
31.4% of U.S. homes sell to cash buyers, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming an increasingly popular option, most Kearney, MO homeowners who reach out to us still want to know more about the process. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. The world has no shortage of liars. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and devotion to our neighborhoods. If you have any doubts, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in 20+ years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Kearney, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids where we grew up. We do not want to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely believe is fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different aspects, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, its size, and the condition its in. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous web pages, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also consult with a licensed appraiser to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is nice to think about, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to cover the full purchase of the house, and aren’t won’t be getting a mortgage.
Other types of properties we buy in Kearney, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a bad experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents get full value for their properties. Don’t let an old home weigh you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer through our website.