Selling a House in Poor Condition in Buckner, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Buckner, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you aren’t predisposed to make the minor updates necessary for a traditional buyer, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able unload a home with considerable termite damage, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your unwanted property off your hands. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is homes in the Buckner area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days. No matter what shape your property is in, we are interested in buying it. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Buckner, MO and want a stress-free solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer through our website.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Buckner, MO?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective phrase. To some homeowners, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the cabinets need refinishing. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need major work done, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, a house is in such poor shape that no one can safely live in it. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major repairs — Other houses habitable, but still have major issues. Houses in need of serious fixes are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but could possibly not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
If you need to sell a house in poor condition in Buckner, MO, it will be much harder than selling a house that’s already in pristine shape, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
Selling a House in Buckner, MO in Poor Condition? You Have a Few Options
Most home buyers want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or spend money to bring it up to par after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a house that is already in turnkey condition is not as hard to a traditional buyer, there are still ways you can sell your Buckner, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This is the way to get the most money for your house on the traditional market. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to remake your money. An entire house renovation costs between $17,942-$78,270. According to data from the national cost vs. value averages, most repairs only get a 50-70% cost recuperation. For example, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 in value to your home. While making significant repairs will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t profit off of the repairs you made. The repairs will also add months or even a year to the time before you can list your property on the Buckner, MO market.
- Make minor repairs — An alternative is to simply raise your Buckner home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal alone can improve a property’s value by 7% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is much cheaper than major repairs:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The cosmetic upgrades will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the conventional market — There are some traditional buyers who will buy a home in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and incrementally repair the house over the years. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still expect the house to be clean, the lawn to be tidy, and that you’ll put effort into staging the home. That alone can lead to you spending more money.
- Sell in poor condition to an as-is home buyer — The final option is to sell your home to a company that pays cash for Buckner-area homes. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in any condition. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is simple and gets cash in your account in as little as 30 days:
- We carry out our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in as little as a week
Our process is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely nuisance-free. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people looking over your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we do our inspection.
Our team is made up of a professional Buckner, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with more than 30 years of experience. We are always straightforward to Buckner, MO homeowners about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and improve our Buckner neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, call us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Buckner, MO: FAQs
Almost one-third of American homes sell to cash buyers, according data from a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the value in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most people in Buckner, MO who call us still want to know more about the process. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately it can be. There are bad people in this world who lie to others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our honesty and dedication to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can check out our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before you sign, and in 20+ years we have never gone back on a contract because we didn’t abide by its terms.
We grew up in the Buckner, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children where we grew up. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth is based on numerous different aspects, including what Buckner, MO neighborhood it’s in, its size, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. The more the repairs, the more it’s value will go down. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are many web pages, like Zillow, that offer approximations of your homes value. You can also hire a professional assessor to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to pay for the full value of the home, and aren’t won’t be getting a mortgage.
Other types of properties we buy in Buckner, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has over 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO homeowners a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let a damaged home weigh you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.