Selling a House in Poor Condition in Boone County, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Boone County, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be difficult. Whether you don’t want to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for a conventional buyer, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able sell a property with significant asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is homes in the Boone County area, and can complete the transfer in as little as 30 days. No matter what shape your property is in, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Boone County, MO and want a stress-free solution, call Evervest today at (573) 367-5767 or contact us online.
When Is a House in Boone County, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective phrase. To some house buyers, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the walls need repainting. Generally, houses in poor condition can be categorized by three types: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need extensive repairs, and houses that need cosmetic updates:
- 1. Houses that you can’t live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- Extensive Fire or water damage
- Lead and/or asbestos that can’t be removed
- Black mold
- Extensive foundation issues
- Termite damage
- Considerable electrical issues
- Serious roof damage
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of serious work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses don’t need major work done, but might not be appealing to conventional home buyer because of other issues:
- The house is in bad neighborhood
- It’s a rental and you have bad tenants
- It’s an outdated house
- It’s been vacant a long time
- Crimes were committed inside the house
- Stained surfaces
- Neglected landscape
- Peeling paint
- Minor wood rot
If you’re looking to sell a house in poor condition in Boone County, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a house that’s already in pristine condition, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
Selling a House in Boone County, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house they can see themselves relaxing in, not one they’ll have to work on for years, or pay someone thousands of dollars to bring it up to par after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a property that is already in turnkey condition is not as hard on the traditional market, you still have a few options for selling your Boone County, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This will secure the most value for your house on the traditional market. However, the cost of getting there is high. A complete home remodeling will run between $17,942-$78,270. According to national resale report, most repairs only get a 50-70% ROI. For instance, the average minor kitchen remodel costs $28,279, but only adds $20,1225 in value to your home. While investing in major upgrades will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The repairs will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before you can list your property on the Boone County, MO market.
- Make aesthetic repairs — Another way to sell your home easier is to simply raise your Boone County home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal alone can improve a house’s value by 7% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is much easier to fit in a budget:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t recoup all those expenses through the sale, you’ll be giving up considerably less money than if you do a full renovation. The added curb appeal will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — There are some traditional buyers who will buy a property as-is with the hope of spending less on the down payment and incrementally make upgrades over the years. Those will be more difficult to find, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell “as-is” to an as-is home buyer — The final option is to sell your property to an as-is home buying company in Boone County, MO. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we make the repairs ourselves and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is stress-free and gets cash in your pocket in as little as a month:
- We come to your home and do our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in just 7 days
Our process puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your property. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people looking over your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to do the dishes when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a professional Boone County, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with more than 30 years of experience. We are always straightforward to Boone County, MO homeowners about the value of their home, and how we came to that number. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we buy and renovate houses to earn a moderate profit and give Boone County families a place to settle down.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition to an as-is home buyer, reach out to us at (573) 367-5767, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Boone County, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Nearly one-third of U.S. homes sell to cash buyers, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to a cash buyer is becoming a more popular option, most people in Boone County, MO who call us still want to know more about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. There are bad people in this world who lie to others for money. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we pride ourselves on our honesty and dedication to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can look at our client testimonials and our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in over 20 years we have never gone back on a contract because we didn’t abide by its terms.
We’re from the Boone County, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children where we grew up. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely think is fair. How much your home is worth will depend on a variety of factors, including what Boone County, MO neighborhood it’s in, how big it is, and the condition its in. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that give home value estimates. You can also consult with a professional appraiser to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Yes. We’ve purchased homes from people who owe back taxes and have houses in foreclosure. Selling a home for cash is a great way to get the money to become debt-free quickly.
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is fun, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to cover the full purchase of the property, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Boone County, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Columbia, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering Columbia, MO homeowners a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let a damaged home weigh you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Columbia, MO home in poor condition, call us at (573) 367-5767 or tell us about your property online.