Selling a House in Poor Condition in Nixa, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Nixa, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be difficult. Whether you don’t want to make the minor updates necessary for a conventional buyer, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able to get rid of a property with serious black mold presence, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your poor condition property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is houses in the Nixa area, and can complete the transfer in as little as a month. No matter what shape your house is in, we are interested in buying it. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Nixa, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us through our website.
When Is a House in Nixa, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is an inexact term. To some, it may mean massive damage, to others it may simply mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Typically, houses in poor condition can be categorized by three types: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need major repairs, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can safely live in it. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- Considerable Fire or water damage
- Lead and/or asbestos that can’t be removed
- Black mold
- Considerable foundation issues
- Termite damage
- Considerable electrical issues
- Considerable roof damage
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses can be lived in, but not ideal. Houses in need of serious repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but might turn traditional buyers off because of other issues:
- The house is in bad neighborhood
- It’s a rental and you have bad tenants
- It’s an outdated home
- It’s been vacant a long time
- Crimes were committed inside the home
- Stained surfaces
- Untended lawn
- Peeling paint
- Minor wood rot
If you’re looking to sell a house in poor condition in Nixa, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a house that’s already in pristine condition, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Nixa, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house they can envision themselves being comfortable in, not one they’ll have to work on for years, or hire someone to bring it up to par after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a house that is already turnkey property is not as hard on the conventional market, you still have a few options for selling your Nixa, MO house in poor condition:
- Make major repairs — This will get the most value for your house on the traditional market. However, the cost of getting there is high. A total home remodeling will run up to almost $80,000. According to national resale report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% cost recuperation. For example, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 to your final sale price. While making significant upgrades will almost certainly get you the most money for your house at final sale, you probably won’t recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The repairs will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before your house is ready for the Nixa, MO market.
- Make cosmetic repairs — Another way to sell your home easier is to merely make your Nixa house look nicer. Curb appeal alone can improve a property’s value by 7% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is much cheaper than major repairs:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you’ll be giving up significantly less money than if you do a full renovation. The cosmetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — Some prospective homeowners may buy a property in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and slowly repair the house over time. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll put effort into staging the home. All of that takes additional time and money.
- Sell “as-is” to cash home buying company — Lastly, you can sell your property to a company that pays cash for Nixa-area homes. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we rehabilitate the home and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is easy and gets cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days:
- We carry out our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you agree to sell to us, we can have a contract ready and complete the sale in just a week
Our process puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your house. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to mop the floors when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a professional Nixa, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with over 30 years of experience. We are always direct to Nixa, MO residents about how much their property is worth, and how we valued it. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we buy and renovate houses to make a moderate amount of money and give Nixa families a place to settle down.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition to an as-is home buyer, call us at (417) 815-3889, or read on to find out more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Nixa, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Almost one-third of American home purchases are paid for with cash, according data from a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming a more popular option, most people in Nixa, MO who reach out to us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the questions we get the most about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. The world has no shortage of scammers. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and devotion to our neighborhoods. If you have any doubts, you can read our client testimonials and our perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in 20+ years we have never backed out of a contract because we didn’t follow its terms.
We grew up in the Nixa, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children where we grew up. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. The value of your home is based on numerous different aspects, including where in Springfield, MO it’s located, its size, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also hire a licensed assessor to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Yes. We’ve purchased houses from homeowners who owe back taxes and have houses in foreclosure. Getting cash for your home is a great way to get the money to become debt-free quickly.
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is nice to think about, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to pay for the full value of the house, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Nixa, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Springfield, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering Springfield, MO residents get fair value for their properties. Don’t let an old home hold you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Springfield, MO home in poor condition, call us at (417) 815-3889 or tell us about your property through our website.