Selling a House in Poor Condition in Belton, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Belton, MO. We understand, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you aren’t predisposed to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for a conventional buyer, or are wondering how on earth you’re going sell a home with extensive water damage, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is homes in the Belton area, and can complete the transfer in as little as a month. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Belton, MO and want a a fast and easy solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.
When Is a House in Belton, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective phrase. To some house buyers, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the windows need to be caulked. Typically, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need extensive work done, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major repairs — Other houses habitable, but still have major issues. Houses in need of major repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but could possibly turn traditional buyers off because of other issues:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Belton, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a house that’s already in pristine condition, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Belton, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to work on for years, or spend money to fix after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a house that is already turnkey property is easier on the conventional market, you still have a few options for selling your Belton, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This will get the most value for your house from a conventional buyer. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to remake your money. A total home remodeling costs up to $78,270. According to national cost vs. value averages, most repairs don’t even get a 70% ROI. For example, the average bathroom remodel costs $27,164, but only adds $15,990 in value to your home. While making significant repairs will almost certainly fetch the highest bid for your house, you’re unlikely to profit off of the repairs you made. The repairs will also add months or even a year to the time before your house is ready for the Belton, MO market.
- Make cosmetic upgrades — Another way to sell your home easier is to merely raise your Belton home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal alone can boost a home’s value by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t recoup all those expenses through the sale, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — There are some traditional buyers who will buy a house in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and slowly fix the house over time. Those will be more difficult to find, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before the house is sold.
- Sell “as-is” to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your house to a cash home buyer in Belton, MO. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in any condition. Then, we make the repairs ourselves and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is stress-free and gets cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- If you agree to sell to us, we can write up a contract and close in as little as a week
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your property. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to talk to is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to do the dishes when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a professional Belton, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with more than three decades of experience. We are always honest to Belton, MO residents about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to make a moderate amount of money and give Belton families a place to settle down.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition for cash, reach out to us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Belton, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
31.4% of American home purchases are paid for with cash, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming a more popular option, most people in Belton, MO who inquire to us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the questions we get the most concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately it can be. There are dishonest people in this world who lie to others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our honesty and devotion to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can check out our client testimonials and our perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in more than two decades we have never backed out of a contract because we didn’t abide by its terms.
We grew up in the Belton, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families where we grew up. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. The value of your home is based on a variety of things, including what Belton, MO neighborhood it’s in, its size, and how much repairing it will cost us. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are many web pages, like Zillow, that offer approximations of your homes value. You can also hire a credentialed appraiser to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the property, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Belton, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents get full value for their properties. Don’t let a damaged property hold you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.