Selling a House in Poor Condition in Wearthby Lake, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Wearthby Lake, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be difficult. Whether you don’t want to make the minor updates necessary for a conventional buyer, or are wondering how on earth you’re going to get rid of a home with significant termite damage, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your poor condition property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is homes in the Wearthby Lake area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as a few weeks. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Wearthby Lake, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us through our website.
When Is a House in Wearthby Lake, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Typically, houses in poor condition can be broken down into three categories: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need major remodeling, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, a house is in such bad condition that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant work done — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of serious fixes are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need cosmetic updates or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but may not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
If you need to sell a house in poor condition in Wearthby Lake, MO, it will be much harder than finding a buyer for a house that’s already in pristine shape, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Wearthby Lake, MO in Poor Condition? You Have a Few Options
Most home buyers want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to fix up, or hire someone to bring it up to par after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a property that is already turnkey property is not as hard to a traditional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Wearthby Lake, MO house in poor condition:
- Make major repairs — This will secure the most value for your home from a conventional buyer. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to get your money back. A total home renovation will run between $17,942-$78,270. According to national cost vs. value report, most repairs only get a 50-70% ROI. For example, the average minor kitchen remodel costs $28,279, but only adds $20,1225 to your final sale price. While investing in major repairs will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t recoup all the money you spent on repairs. The upgrades will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before you can list your property on the Wearthby Lake, MO market.
- Make minor repairs — Another way to sell your home easier is to merely make your Wearthby Lake house more attractive. Curb appeal by itself can improve a property’s value by 7% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — Some prospective homeowners may buy a property in poor condition with the hope of spending less on the down payment and gradually fix the house over the years. Those will be harder to find, and they’ll still expect an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. All of that takes additional time and money.
- Sell in poor condition to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your home to a company that pays cash for Wearthby Lake-area homes. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we make the repairs ourselves and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is easy and gets cash in your account in as little as a month:
- We come to your home and do our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- If you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in just 7 days
Our process puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your property. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people looking over your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to do the dishes when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a licensed Wearthby Lake, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with over 30 years of experience. We are always straightforward to Wearthby Lake, MO homeowners about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and enhance our Wearthby Lake neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, call us at (816) 368-8508, or read on to find out more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Wearthby Lake, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Almost one-third of American homes sell to cash buyers, according data from a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming an increasingly popular option, most Wearthby Lake, MO homeowners who inquire to us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. The world has no shortage of dishonest people. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we pride ourselves on our honesty and commitment to our neighborhoods. If you still have concerns, you can look at our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in 20+ years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Wearthby Lake, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children in the same place. We do not want to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different aspects, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, its size, and the condition its in. The more the repairs, the more it’s value will go down. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are many sites, like Zillow, that offer home value estimates. You can also hire a credentialed appraiser to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is fun, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the home, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Wearthby Lake, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a bad experience, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has over three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let a damaged home weigh you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or contact us through our website.