Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Wearthby Lake, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Wearthby Lake, MO. If you are facing foreclosure and are worried about losing your home and severely damaging your credit score, know that there are options available to you. Evervest Home Buyers is an as-is property-buying company that purchases Wearthby Lake, MO homes in foreclosure. Our team is friendly and nonjudgmental. We can have an estimate ready for you just by looking at pictures, have our official offer in as little as 48 hours, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the lender sells your house. Call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online to avoid foreclosure. Depending on how much you owe, you may even be able to have some cash left over.
How Foreclosure Happens in Wearthby Lake, MO
Pre-foreclosure is the period between when you fall behind on your mortgage payments and when your Wearthby Lake, MO lender auctions off your home off to the highest bidder. It usually happens in five stages:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed at least one mortgage payment. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. If you’ve only missed a month or two, you may be able to work something out with the lender to catch up on payments. Federal law requires lenders to offer you an opportunity to catch up before proceeding to foreclosure.
- Notice of default — After 90 days of missed payments, you’ll receive a notice of default, notifying you of the amount past due and informing you that, to avoid foreclosure, you must pay it off within 30 days. Federal law obligates lenders to wait 120 days from the first missed payment to start official action.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after that period has ended you haven’t made an agreement with your lender, the lender will begin either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must abide by the rules set by Missouri statutes.
- Sale of the home — Whichever type of foreclosure the lender opts for, the house will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for their appraisal of the home, the amount owed, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the property has a new owner, you’ll have between three and 30 days to move out. If you don’t, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit in court.
While the foreclosure process may seem cruel, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Wearthby Lake, MO
You have a few options whenever you’re house is in pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Wearthby Lake, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan usually involves paying off the past due payments and any other penalties or fees. Once the loan is current you will be required to continue making regular payments as outlined in the loan agreement.
You need to remember that reinstating a loan does not erase the past-due payments and subsequent late fees, it merely brings the loan current. If you are unable to stay but to date. You could consider taking out a loan with a different lender, but the interest rates will likely be high, and then you’ll have two monthly debts to keep up with.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can give your home to the lender in exchange for discharging your obligation to pay the mortgage. Your credit score would not take a hit, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the house, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still likely have to move out.
The goal of bankruptcy is to provide a fresh start for you by either eliminating or reducing your debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still have to pay off your debt, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you choose Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not have to pay off the rest of your mortgage if your home completes foreclosure, and you can remain in the home during the process for free. This is usually a way to simply delay foreclosure for several months while you figure out what to do.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to keep your home. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – overseen by a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to become current in three or five years.
Bankruptcy has several drawbacks, however. First, you’ll need to show that you are eligible for it, and all your debts, expenses, and income will be analyzed. You’ll also incur many court fees and hire expensive bankruptcy attorneys. If you’re not able to keep up with mortgage payments, you may not be able to afford filing for bankruptcy.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
An alternative to the above options is to find a buyer and pay off the remainder of your mortgage with the funds you get from the sale. There are a couple different ways to do this:
- Short sale — If a prospective buyer makes an offer on your Wearthby Lake, MO home, the lender must consider it. In a short sale, the offer on your Wearthby Lake, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. A short sale can only happen if the lender agrees. In some cases, the bank may believe the short sale offer is more than they’ll get at auction. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Standard sale — If a prospective buyer offers more than the amount of debt you owe, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and pocket the rest.
You can choose to hire a real estate agent to sell your home in pre-foreclosure, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. Based on data from the St. Louis Federal Reserve, it takes an average of 50 days to find a buyer and 50 days to close, and that doesn’t include the repairs and upgrades most traditional buyers will want you to make. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling your home to an as-is, cash home buyer is likely preferable to a traditional buyer. We can agree to an offer and close on your house within 30 days of you contacting us.
How Our Wearthby Lake, MO Cash Home Buyers Can Help With Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Evervest Home Buyers buys homes with all cash offers, and always want to give Wearthby Lake, MO residents a stress-free home sale. We buy all types of properties, from people who owe back taxes to homes with considerable wind or hail damage.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property doesn’t matter to us as it would to traditional home buyer. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Giving our best possible offer quickly — If you send us pictures of your house, we can give you an estimate within an hour. In the following 24-48 hours, one of our buyers will do their own inspection. You don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we show up. We always try to offer the most we can for a home in Wearthby Lake, MO while still being able to profit off it after we repair it.
- Giving you a stress-free home sale — We know that your Wearthby Lake, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is not the best time in your life, and you may be emotional about having to move out of home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. We differ from other as-is home buying companies we have never written a contract that didn’t close because we didn’t fulfill its terms. We’ll show you proof of funds so you don’t have to worry.
- Getting you money fast — While banks prefer not having to go through the foreclosure process, they’re not going to wait around to collect their debt. When you sell to us, you can sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or open house. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, usually within a month if not sooner.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure won’t lower your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it has a huge negative impact on your credit score, that won’t go away for 7 years. While you won’t get to keep your home if you sell to us, we can help you avoid the financial perils of it getting foreclosed on.
Other properties we buy in Wearthby Lake, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Wearthby Lake, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
Everyone hates foreclosure – even banks. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure is often the best option for everybody involved. Our buyers are personable and nonjudgmental, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on the deal fast, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Wearthby Lake, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.