Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Bolivar, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Bolivar, MO. Financial hardships can fall on the best of us, but foreclosure is not the end of the road for homeowners. While losing your home and facing an enormous hit on your credit score is a difficult situation to be in, you do have options if you find yourself there. Evervest Home Buyers is a cash property-buying company that buys Bolivar, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are cordial and nonjudgmental. We can offer you an estimate right when you upload pictures, have our official offer in as little as 48 hours, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the lender sells your house. Call us at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online to avoid foreclosure. Depending on the value of your home and what’s left on the mortgage, you may even be able to have some cash left over.
How Foreclosure Happens in Bolivar, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It is a five-step process:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed paying one month of your mortgage. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. At this juncture, the lender will likely be willing to work something out with you to pay off the delinquent debt. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After 90 days of missed payments, the lender will send you a demand letter, detailing how much you owe and informing you that, to avoid foreclosure, you must bring the mortgage up to date within 30 days. Federal law obligates lenders to wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin foreclosure proceedings.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after 120 days you haven’t caught up, the lender will begin either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender will file a lawsuit in court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must abide by the rules set by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — Whichever type of foreclosure the lender opts for, the property will then be auctioned off to the public. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for the value of the house, the amount owed, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have a three to 30 day period to leave. If you remain in the home, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit against you.
While the foreclosure process is not kind, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Bolivar, MO
You have a few options whenever you’re home is in pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Bolivar, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan usually includes settling the late payments, late fees, and any other charges associated with the delinquency. Once you have paid off all the past due amounts, the loan is considered to be current again and you will be required to continue with the monthly payments as previously agreed.
It’s important to note. If you are unable to stay but to date. It’s possible to take out a loan with a different lender, but the interest rates will likely be high, and you’ll have to keep up with the payments in addition to your mortgage.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can agree with the lender to voluntarily transfer ownership of the property to them in exchange for the release of your obligation to pay the mortgage. This reduces some of the negative consequences of a foreclosure, such as a damaged credit score, and the lender wouldn’t have to deal with the hassle the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the home, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still be evicted.
Filing for bankruptcy is a way to get relief from significant debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still be responsible for paying off the mortgage, but the timeline will be extended and will have a different payment plan. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not be required to pay off the rest of your mortgage if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can remain in the home during the process without having to pay anything monthly. This is usually a way to simply stall foreclosure for several months while you figure out what to do.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may permit you to hold onto your home. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – under supervision of a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to become current in three or five years.
Bankruptcy has severe drawbacks, however. First, your entire financial life will be analyzed to see if you’re eligible. You’ll also have to pay significant court costs and fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re having difficulty keeping up with mortgage payments, bankruptcy still may be too expensive.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Another possibility is to find a buyer and pay off the remainder of your mortgage with the money you get from the sale. There are a couple different types of sales for a pre-foreclosure home:
- Short sale — If a prospective buyer makes an offer on your Bolivar, MO home, the lender is required to consider it. In a short sale, the offer on your Bolivar, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. A short sale can only happen if the lender agrees. In some cases, the bank may think the short sale offer is more than they’ll get at auction. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Traditional sale — If your home is worth more than your remaining mortgage, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and pocket the rest.
You can try to sell your home on the traditional market, but the foreclosure process takes between 45 and 60 days. Based on research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, selling a house on the traditional market takes more than 90 days, and that doesn’t account for the repairs and upgrades most traditional buyers will want you to make. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling your home to an as-is, cash home buyer is likely preferable to a traditional buyer. We can agree to an offer and close on your house within a month of our initial conversation.
Selling Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure to Our Bolivar, MO Cash Home Buyers
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for homes, and strive to give Bolivar, MO residents a stress-free home sale. We buy all types of properties, from people who owe back taxes to homes with asbestos.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property isn’t important to us as it would to traditional home buyer. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting our best possible offer fast — If you send us pictures of your property, we can give you an estimate within an hour. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where a member of our team will carry out their own inspection. You don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we show up. We always intend to offer the most we can for a house in Bolivar, MO while still being able to profit off it ourselves.
- Making the home selling experience stress-free — We understand that your Bolivar, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is not the best time in your life, and you may not want to move out of your home. We’ll make everything as simple as we can so you don’t feel any added stress. We differ from other cash home buying companies we have never written a contract that didn’t close because we backed out of it. We’ll show you proof of funds so you can feel at ease.
- Getting you money fast — While the bank would likely prefer it if you sold your home instead of them having to foreclose on it, they’ll still move to take over and sell the house as quickly as possible. We can help you sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or to find a buyer. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, usually within a month if not sooner.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure won’t effect your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it has a huge negative impact on your credit score, that will stay there for 7 years. While selling to us won’t allow you to keep your home, we can help you avoid the financial pitfalls of it getting foreclosed on.
Other services we offer in Bolivar, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Bolivar, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
No one likes foreclosure – not even lenders. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure is often the best option for both you and your mortgage lender. Our buyers are personable and discreet, and can help you get out from under your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on your home quickly, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Bolivar, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or tell us about your property online.