Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Claycomo, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Claycomo, MO. Tough times can happen to anyone, but foreclosure is not the end of the road for homeowners. While losing your home and facing an enormous hit on your credit score is not a situation anyone wants to be in, you do have options if you find yourself there. Evervest Home Buyers is a cash property-buying company that purchases Claycomo, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are cordial and nonjudgmental. We can have an estimate ready for you just by looking at pictures, have our official offer once we do our own inspection, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the bank officially foreclosures on your home. Speak to a representative at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online to start the process of getting out from under the bank’s thumb today. Depending on the value of your home and what’s left on the mortgage, we may even be able to put enough cash in your pocket to pay for your next move.
How Foreclosure Happens in Claycomo, MO
Pre-foreclosure is the period between when you first miss a mortgage payment and when your Claycomo, MO lender auctions off your home off to the highest bidder. It typically happens in five stages:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed at least one mortgage payment. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. If you’ve only missed a month or two, the lender will likely be willing to reach an agreement with you to bring your balance up to date. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After 90 days of missed payments, the lender will send you a notice of default, detailing the amount past due and informing you that, to avoid foreclosure, you must bring the mortgage up to date within 30 days. Federal law dictates that lenders must wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin foreclosure proceedings.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after 120 days you haven’t made an agreement with your lender, the lender will begin either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender will file a lawsuit in court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must follow the rules in by Missouri statutes.
- Sale of the home — In either case, the house will then be auctioned off to the public. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for how much the home is worth, the amount owed, and any court costs or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the property has a new owner, you’ll have between three and 30 days to move out. If you don’t, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit against you.
While the foreclosure process may seem cruel, there are a few different ways you can lessen the consequences for yourself.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Claycomo, MO
Below are the main ways you can deal with pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Claycomo, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan typically includes paying off the late payments and any other penalties or fees. Once you have paid off all the past due amounts, the loan is considered to be current again and you can continue making regular payments as outlined in the loan agreement.
It’s important to note. If you cannot maintain the payments. You could consider taking out a loan with a different bank, but it will likely have an incredibly high interest rate, and you’ll have to keep up with the payments in addition to your mortgage.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can give your home to the lender, in return they will release your obligation to pay the mortgage. Your credit score would not take a hit, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the property, or keep it and have tenants in it, but you would still likely have to move out.
Bankruptcy is a legal process that allows individuals or businesses who cannot keep up with their debts to either have those debts restructured or discharged. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still be responsible for paying off the mortgage, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not be required to pay off your remaining debt if your home completes foreclosure, and you can remain in the home during the process without having to pay anything monthly. This is usually a way to give you a few more months to plan your future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to hold onto your house. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – under supervision of a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to pay off your debt in three or five years.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good choice. First, you’ll need to show that you are eligible for it, and all your debts, expenses, and income will be analyzed. You’ll also have to pay significant court costs and fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re already struggling with money, bankruptcy still may be too expensive.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
An alternative to the above options is to find a buyer and settle your outstanding debts with the money. There are two different types of sales for a pre-foreclosure home:
- Short sale — If a prospective buyer makes an offer on your Claycomo, MO home, the lender must consider it. In a short sale, the offer is not enough money to pay off all your debts. A short sale can only happen if the lender agrees. In some cases, the bank may believe the short sale offer would be higher than what they’d get at auction. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not to the extent that a foreclosure does.
- Traditional sale — If your home is worth more than the amount of debt you owe, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and keep the rest to fund your next move.
You can try to sell your home through a real-estate agent, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. Based on data from the St. Louis Federal Reserve, selling a house on the traditional market takes more than three months, and that doesn’t account for the work put in for making a home appealing to a traditional buyer. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling your home to an as-is, cash home buyer is likely preferable to the traditional market. Once you accept our offer, we can close as quickly as you need us to.
How Our Claycomo, MO Cash Home Buyers Can Help With Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for properties, and always want to give Claycomo, MO residents a hassle-free home selling experience. We buy all types of properties, from people who owe back taxes to condemned properties.
We purchase homes “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property isn’t important to us as it would to a typical homeowner. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting you a fair offer fast — If you send us pictures of your house, we can give you a same-day estimate. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where one of our buyers will carry out their own inspection. You don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we show up. We always try to offer the most we can for a house in Claycomo, MO while still being able to profit off it after we repair it.
- Making the home selling experience stress-free — We understand that your Claycomo, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is stressful, and you may be emotional about leaving your home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. Unlike other cash home buying companies, we have no contingences in our contract. We’ll show you proof of funds so you can feel at ease.
- Getting you money fast — While banks prefer not having to go through the foreclosure process, they’ll still move to take over and sell the house as quickly as possible. When you sell to Evervest, you will sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or open house. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, as soon as you need us to after you agree to our offer.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure does not lower your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it can have massive consequences for your credit score, that will stay there for 7 years. While selling to us won’t allow you to keep your home, we can help you avoid the financial pitfalls of foreclosure.
Other properties we buy in Claycomo, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Claycomo, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
No one likes foreclosure – not even lenders. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure can be an agreeable solution for everybody involved. Our buyers are personable and discreet, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on your home fast, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Claycomo, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.