Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Clay County, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Clay County, MO. if you’ve been given a notice of default, you do have options. Evervest Home Buyers is an as-is house-buying company that purchases Clay County, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are personable and nonjudgmental. We can offer you an estimate right when you upload pictures, have our official offer in a matter of days, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the bank sells your house. Call us at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online to get out from under your debt. Depending on how much you owe, we may even be able to put enough cash in your pocket to fund your next move.
The Pre-Foreclosure Process in Clay County, MO
Pre-foreclosure is the time between when you first miss a mortgage payment and when your bank or lender sells your Clay County, MO house. It usually happens in five stages:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed at least one mortgage payment. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. At this point, you may be able to reach an agreement with the lender to get up to date on payments. Federal law requires lenders to offer you an opportunity to catch up before taking action.
- Notice of default — After 90 days of missed payments, you’ll receive a demand letter, notifying you of how much you owe and informing you that you have 30 days to pay it off. Federal law stipulates that lenders must wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin foreclosure proceedings.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after 120 days you haven’t caught up, the lender will begin either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must follow the rules set by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — In either case, the property will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for how much the home is worth, the debt that remains unpaid, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have between three and 30 days to move out. If you don’t, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit against you.
While the foreclosure process may seem cruel, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Clay County, MO
Below are the main ways you can handle pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Clay County, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan usually includes settling the past due payments and any other penalties or fees. Once the loan is current you can continue making regular payments as outlined in the loan agreement.
You need to remember that reinstating a loan does not erase the past-due payments and penalties that were incurred, it merely brings the loan current. If you fail to keep up with the monthly payments the home may go into foreclosure again. You could consider taking out a loan with a different bank, but the interest rates will likely be high, and then you’ll have two monthly loans to stay current on.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can give your home to the lender in exchange for the release of your unpaid debt. This reduces some of the negative consequences of a foreclosure, such as a damaged credit score, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the property, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still be evicted.
The goal of bankruptcy is to provide a fresh start for you by either eliminating or reducing your debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still be responsible for paying off your debt, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you choose Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not be required to pay off your remaining debt if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can remain in the home during the process for free. The goal of this is to give you a few more months to figure out what to do.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to not give up your house. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – overseen by a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to pay off your debt in three or five years.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good option. First, your entire financial life will be analyzed to see if you qualify. You’ll also incur considerable court costs and fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re already struggling with money, you may not be able to afford filing for bankruptcy.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
The last option is to sell your home and settle your outstanding debts with the money. There are a couple different types of sales for a pre-foreclosure home:
- Short sale — Lenders are obligated to consider any offer made on your Clay County, MO house. In a short sale, the offer on your Clay County, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. The lender can then decide if getting less than the remainder of the mortgage is worth not having to deal with the hassle of a foreclosure. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Standard sale — If your home is worth more than your remaining mortgage, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, use the money to pay off your mortgage, and keep the rest for new housing.
You can choose to hire a real estate agent to sell your home in pre-foreclosure, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. According to data from the St. Louis Federal Reserve, selling a house on the traditional market takes more than three months, and that doesn’t include the repairs and upgrades most traditional buyers will want you to make. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling your home to an as-is, cash home buyer may be your best option. Once you accept our offer, we can close as quickly as you need us to.
Selling Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure to Our Clay County, MO Cash Home Buyers
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for homes, and always want to give Clay County, MO homeowners a hassle-free home selling experience. We’ve bought everything from properties of houses in probate to houses with lead or asbestos.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that homeowners do not have to make expensive repairs to the property for us to want to buy it. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting you a fair offer quickly — If you send us pictures of your home, we can give you an estimate within an hour. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where a member of our team will perform their own inspection. You don’t even have to sweep, mop, or vacuum before we come over. We always strive to offer as much as we can for a house in Clay County, MO while still being able to profit off it after we repair it.
- Making the home selling experience stress-free — We know that your Clay County, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is a trying time, and you may be nostalgic about leaving your home. We’ll make everything as simple as we can so you don’t feel any added stress. We differ from other cash home buying companies we have never written a contract that didn’t close because we backed out of it. We’ll show you proof of funds so you don’t have to worry.
- Getting you money fast — While banks prefer not having to go through the foreclosure process, they’re not going to wait around to collect their debt. We can help you sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or open house. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, usually within a month if not sooner.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure won’t lower your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it has a huge negative impact on your credit score, that won’t go away for 7 years. While you won’t get to keep your home if you sell to us, we can save you from the financial perils of it getting foreclosed on.
Other properties we buy in Clay County, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Clay County, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
No one likes foreclosure – not even mortgage companies. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure is often the best option for everybody involved. Our buyers are amiable and nonjudgmental, and can help you get out from under your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on your home fast, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Clay County, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.