Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Glasgow Village, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Glasgow Village, MO. Tough times can happen to anyone, but foreclosure is not the end of the road for homeowners. While losing your home and facing an enormous hit on your credit score is not a situation anyone wants to be in, you do have options if you find yourself there. Evervest Home Buyers is an as-is house-buying company that purchases Glasgow Village, MO homes in foreclosure. Our team is personable and nonjudgmental. We can have an estimate ready for you just by looking at pictures, have our official offer in a matter of days, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the bank auctions off your home. Call us at (314) 730-0366 or get your offer online to get out from under your debt. Depending on the value of your home and what’s left on the mortgage, we may even be able to put enough cash in your pocket to fund your next move.
How Foreclosure Happens in Glasgow Village, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It typically happens in five stages:
- Payment default — You’re technically in default after the first month you missed a payment on, or once you pass your lender’s grace period. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. If you’ve only missed a month or two, you may be able to reach an agreement with the lender to get up to date on payments. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After the third month of missed payments, the lender will send you a notice of default, detailing how much you owe and informing you that you have 30 days to bring the mortgage current. Federal law requires lenders to wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin foreclosure proceedings.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after 120 days you haven’t brought your mortgage up to date, the lender will begin either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, they’ll proceed out of court, but they must abide by the regulations in by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — Whichever type of foreclosure the lender opts for, the house will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for the value of the house, the amount owed, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have a three to 30 day period to leave. If you don’t, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit against you.
While the foreclosure process may seem harsh, there are a few different ways you can mitigate the consequences for yourself.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Glasgow Village, MO
Below are the main ways you can handle pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Glasgow Village, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan typically includes paying off the late payments, late fees, and any other charges associated with the delinquency. Once the loan is current you will be expected to continue with the monthly payments as previously agreed.
It’s important to note. If you cannot maintain the payments. You could consider taking out a loan with a different lender, but it will probably have an incredibly high interest rate, and then you’ll have two monthly debts to stay current on.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can agree with the lender to voluntarily transfer ownership of the property to them in exchange for the release of your obligation to pay the mortgage. This reduces some of the negative consequences of a foreclosure, such as a damaged credit score, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the property, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still likely have to move out.
The goal of bankruptcy is to provide a fresh start for you by either eliminating or reducing your debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still be responsible for paying off the mortgage, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not be required to pay off your remaining debt if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can still remain in the home before foreclosure without having to pay the mortgage. The goal of this is to simply stall foreclosure for several months while you figure out what to do.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to hold onto your property. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – overseen by a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to become current in three or five years.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good option. First, your entire financial life will be analyzed to see if you qualify. You’ll also have to pay considerable court fees and pay for expensive bankruptcy attorneys. If you’re having difficulty keeping up with mortgage payments, you may not be able to afford filing for bankruptcy.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
The last option is to sell your home and settle your outstanding debts with the money. There are a couple different ways to do this:
- Short sale — If a prospective buyer makes an offer on your Glasgow Village, MO home, the lender must consider it. In a short sale, the offer on your Glasgow Village, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. The lender can then decide if getting less than the full amount back is worth avoiding the hassle of a foreclosure. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not to the extent that a foreclosure does.
- Traditional sale — If a potential buyer offers more than your remaining mortgage, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and pocket the rest.
You can try to sell your home on the traditional market, but the foreclosure process takes between 45 and 60 days. According to research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, it takes an average of 50 days to find a buyer and 30-45 days to close, and that doesn’t account for the repairs and upgrades most traditional buyers will want you to make. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling to an as-is, cash home buyer may be your best option. Once you accept our offer, we can close as quickly as you need us to.
Selling Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure to Our Glasgow Village, MO Cash Home Buyers
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for houses, and always want to give Glasgow Village, MO residents a stress-free home sale. We buy all types of properties, from houses in probate to houses with mold issues.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property isn’t important to us as it would to traditional home buyer. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Giving you a fair offer quickly — If you upload photos of your house, we can give you a same-day estimate. In the following 24-48 hours, one of our buyers will carry out their own inspection. You don’t even have to wash the dishes before we come over. We always strive to offer as much as we can for a house in Glasgow Village, MO while still being able to profit off it ourselves.
- Giving you a stress-free home sale — We know that your Glasgow Village, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is difficult, and you may be nostalgic about leaving your home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. We differ from other as-is home buying companies we have no loopholes in our contract. We’ll show you proof of funds so you don’t have to worry.
- Getting you money fast — While banks prefer not having to go through the foreclosure process, they’ll still move to take over and sell the house as quickly as possible. We can help you sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or open house. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, as soon as you need us to after we agree on a price.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure does not lower your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it can have massive consequences for your credit score, that won’t go away for 7 years. While you won’t get to keep your home if you sell to us, we can help you avoid the financial perils of foreclosure.
Other properties we buy in Glasgow Village, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling Your Glasgow Village, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
No one likes foreclosure – not even mortgage companies. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure is often the best option for everybody involved. Our buyers are amiable and nonjudgmental, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on your home fast, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Glasgow Village, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property online.