Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in St. John, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in St. John, MO. If you are facing foreclosure and are worried about losing your home and having an enormous hit on your credit score, know that there are options available to you. Evervest Home Buyers is a cash property-buying company that buys St. John, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are personable and discreet. We can have an estimate ready for you just by looking at pictures, have our official offer in as little as 48 hours, and close in as little as 30 days – before the mortgage holder sells your house. Speak to a representative at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to get out from under your debt. Depending on the value of your home and what’s left on the mortgage, you may even be able to have some cash left over.
The Pre-Foreclosure Process in St. John, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It is a five-step process:
- Payment default — You’re technically in default after your first missed payment, or once you pass your lender’s grace period. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. At this juncture, the lender will likely be willing to reach an agreement with you to bring your balance up to date. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After the third month of missed payments, you’ll receive a notice of default, detailing the amount past due and informing you that you have 30 days to pay it off. Federal law dictates that lenders must wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin official action.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after that period has ended you haven’t caught up, the lender will take action with either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender will file a lawsuit in court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must follow the regulations set by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — In either case, the property will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for the value of the house, the debt that remains unpaid, and any court costs or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the property has a new owner, you’ll have between three and 30 days to move out. If you don’t, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit in court.
While the foreclosure process may seem harsh, there are a few different ways you can lessen the consequences for yourself.
How to Stop Foreclosure in St. John, MO
You have a few options whenever you’re property is in pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in St. John, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan generally includes paying off the late payments and any other penalties or fees. Once the loan is current you will be required to continue with the monthly payments as previously agreed.
It’s important to note. If you cannot stay but to date. It’s possible to take out a loan with a different company, but it will likely have an incredibly high interest rate, and then you’ll have two monthly debts to stay current on.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can agree with the lender to voluntarily transfer ownership of the property to them in exchange for the release of your obligation to pay the mortgage. Your credit score would not take a hit, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the home, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still be evicted.
Filing for bankruptcy is a way to get relief from debilitating debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still have to pay off your debt, but the timeline will be extended and will have a different payment plan. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not have to pay off your remaining debt if your home completes foreclosure, and you can remain in the home during the process for free. This is usually a way to simply stall foreclosure for several months while you plan your future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to not give up your home. It involves coming up with a plan to pay off all or some of your debts over a three to five year period. You’ll have to maintain the payment plan under the supervision of a court-appointed trustee.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good choice. First, your entire financial life will be analyzed to see if you qualify. You’ll also incur considerable court costs and fees and pay for expensive bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re already struggling with money, you may not be able to afford filing for bankruptcy.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
The last option is to find a buyer and pay off your debt with the funds you get from the sale. There are two different ways to do this:
- Short sale — Lenders are obligated to consider any offer made on your St. John, MO property. In a short sale, the offer is not enough money to pay off all your debts. A short sale can only happen if the lender agrees. In some cases, the bank may think the short sale offer is more than they’ll get at auction. A short sale can negatively impact your credit score, but not to the extent that a foreclosure does.
- Traditional sale — If your home is worth more than the amount of debt you owe, you can accept that offer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and keep the rest for new housing.
You can choose to hire a real estate agent to sell your home in pre-foreclosure, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. Based on research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, it takes an average of 50 days to find a buyer and 30-45 days to close, and that doesn’t account for the time it takes to prepare the house for sale. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling to an as-is, cash home buyer is likely preferable to the traditional market. Once you accept our offer, we can close as quickly as you need us to.
Selling Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure to Our St. John, MO Cash Home Buyers
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for houses, and always want to give St. John, MO residents a stress-free home selling experience. We buy all types of properties, from houses in probate to homes with asbestos.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property doesn’t matter to us as it would to traditional home buyer. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting our best possible offer quickly — If you upload photos of your house, we can give you an estimate within an hour. In the following days, a member of our team will perform their own inspection. You don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we show up. We always strive to offer the most we can for a property in St. John, MO while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves.
- Giving you a stress-free home sale — We understand that your St. John, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is not the best time in your life, and you may not want to move out of your home. We’ll make everything as simple as we can so you don’t feel any added stress. We differ from other as-is home buying companies we always keep our word.. We’ll show you proof of funds so you don’t have to worry.
- Getting you money fast — While the bank would likely prefer it if you sold your home instead of them having to foreclose on it, they’ll still move to take over and sell the house as quickly as possible. When you sell to Evervest, you can sell your house fast. You don’t have to deal with or wait around for third parties. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, usually within a month if not sooner.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure won’t lower your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it has a huge negative impact on your credit score, that will stay there for 7 years. While selling to us won’t allow you to keep your home, we can save you from the financial pitfalls of foreclosure.
Other services we offer in St. John, MO include:
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling an Inherited House
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling Your St. John, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
No one likes foreclosure – not even mortgage companies. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure is often the best option for everybody involved. Our buyers are cordial and nonjudgmental, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on the sale quickly, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your St. John, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property online.