Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Lone Jack, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Lone Jack, MO. Tough times can happen to anyone, but foreclosure is not the end of the road for homeowners. While losing your home and facing an enormous hit on your credit score is a difficult situation to be in, you do have options if you find yourself there. Evervest Home Buyers is a cash house-buying company that purchases Lone Jack, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are cordial and discreet. We can have an estimate ready for you just by looking at pictures, have our official offer once we do our own inspection, and close in as little as 30 days – before the bank officially foreclosures on your home. Call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online to get out from under your debt. Depending on the value of your home and what’s left on the mortgage, we may even be able to put enough cash in your account to fund your next move.
The Pre-Foreclosure Process in Lone Jack, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It usually happens in five stages:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed at least one mortgage payment. After each of the first two missed payments, your bank will likely reach out via letter or telephone. If you’ve only missed a month or two, you may be able to work something out with the lender to catch up on payments. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After 90 days of missed payments, you’ll receive a notice of default, notifying you of how much you owe and informing you that you have 30 days to bring the mortgage current. Federal law obligates lenders to wait 120 days from the first missed payment to start the process of taking your home.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after 120 days you haven’t made an agreement with your lender, the lender will take action with either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, they’ll proceed out of court, but they must abide by the rules set by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — Whichever type of foreclosure they pursue, the home will then be auctioned off to the public. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for the value of the house, the debt that remains unpaid, and any court costs or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the property has a new owner, you’ll have a three to 30 day period to move out. If you remain in the house, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit against you.
While the foreclosure process may seem harsh, there are multiple ways you can mitigate the consequences for yourself.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Lone Jack, MO
Below are the main ways you can deal with pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Lone Jack, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan typically involves paying off the past due payments and any other penalties or fees. Once you have paid off all the past due amounts, the loan is considered to be current again and you can continue with the monthly payments as previously agreed.
It’s important to note. If you cannot maintain the payments. It’s possible to take out a loan with a different lender, but it will likely have an incredibly high interest rate, and then you’ll have two monthly debts to stay current on.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can give your home to the lender, in return they will release your obligation to pay the mortgage. This reduces some of the negative consequences of a foreclosure, such as a damaged credit score, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the home, or keep it and have tenants in it, but you would still likely have to move out.
Filing for bankruptcy is a way to get relief from debilitating debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still be responsible for paying off the mortgage, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you choose Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not be required to pay off the rest of your mortgage if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can still remain in the home before foreclosure for free. The goal of this is to give you a few more months to figure out what to do.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to hold onto your property. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – under supervision of a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to pay off your debt in three or five years.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good option. First, you’ll need to show that you are eligible for it, and all your debts, expenses, and income will be analyzed. You’ll also have to pay considerable court costs and fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re already struggling with money, you may not be able to afford filing for bankruptcy.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
The last option is to find a buyer and pay off your debt with the money you get from the sale. There are two different ways to do this:
- Short sale — If a prospective buyer makes an offer on your Lone Jack, MO home, the lender is required to consider it. In a short sale, the offer on your Lone Jack, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. The lender can then decide if getting less than the full amount back is worth not having to deal with the hassle of a foreclosure. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Standard sale — If your home is worth more than your remaining mortgage, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, use the money to pay off your debt, and pocket the rest.
You can choose to hire a real estate agent to sell your home in pre-foreclosure, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. According to research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, it takes an average of 50 days to find a buyer and 30-45 days to close, and that doesn’t include the time it takes to prepare the house for sale. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling your home to an as-is, cash home buyer is likely preferable to the traditional market. Once you accept our offer, we can close as quickly as you need us to.
Selling Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure to Our Lone Jack, MO Cash Home Buyers
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for properties, and always want to give Lone Jack, MO residents a hassle-free home sale. We’ve bought everything from properties of houses in probate to houses with lead or asbestos.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property doesn’t matter to us as it would to traditional home buyer. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting you a fair offer fast — If you upload photos of your house, we can give you an estimate within an hour. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where one of our buyers will perform their own inspection. You don’t even have to sweep, mop, or vacuum before we show up. We always strive to offer as much as we can for a home in Lone Jack, MO while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves.
- Making the home selling experience stress-free — We know that your Lone Jack, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is stressful, and you may be emotional about leaving your home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. We differ from other cash home buying companies we have never written a contract that didn’t close because we didn’t fulfill its terms. We’ll show you proof of funds so you don’t have to worry.
- Getting you money fast — While banks prefer not having to go through the foreclosure process, they’re not going to wait around to collect their debt. We can help you sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or open house. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, usually within a month if not sooner.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure does not lower your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it can have massive consequences for your credit score, that won’t go away for 7 years. While selling to us won’t allow you to keep your home, we can save you from the financial pitfalls of foreclosure.
Other services we offer in Lone Jack, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Lone Jack, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
No one likes foreclosure – not even mortgage companies. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure is often the best option for both you and your mortgage lender. Our buyers are amiable and discreet, and can help you get out from under your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on your home quickly, and assist with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Lone Jack, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.