Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Buckner, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Buckner, MO. If you are facing foreclosure and are upset at the prospect of losing your home and having an enormous hit on your credit score, know that there are options available to you. Evervest Home Buyers is a cash property-buying company that buys Buckner, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are friendly and nonjudgmental. We can have an estimate ready for you in as little as an hour, have a full offer for you in as little as 48 hours, and close in as little as month – before the bank sells your house. Call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online to get out from under your debt. Depending on how much you owe, we may even be able to put enough cash in your pocket to pay for your next move.
The Pre-Foreclosure Process in Buckner, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It typically happens in five stages:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed at least one mortgage payment. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. At this point, the lender will likely be willing to reach an agreement with you to pay off the delinquent debt. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After 90 days of missed payments, the lender will send you a notice of default, notifying you of the amount past due and informing you that you have 30 days to bring the mortgage current. Federal law stipulates that lenders must wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin foreclosure proceedings.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after 120 days you haven’t made an agreement with your lender, the lender will take action with either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, they’ll proceed out of court, but they must abide by the regulations set by Missouri statutes.
- Sale of the home — In either case, the property will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for the value of the house, the amount owed, and any court costs or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have a three to 30 day period to leave. If you don’t, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit in court.
While the foreclosure process is not kind, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Buckner, MO
You have a few options whenever you’re home is in pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Buckner, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan generally involves settling the late payments and any other penalties or fees. Once you have paid off all the past due amounts, the loan is considered to be current again and you can continue making regular payments as outlined in the loan agreement.
It’s important to note. If you fall behind again the home may go into foreclosure again. It’s possible to take out a loan with a different company, but the interest rates will likely be high, and then you’ll have two monthly debts to stay current on.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can agree with the lender to voluntarily transfer ownership of the property to them, in return they will discharge your obligation to pay the mortgage. Your credit score would not take a hit, and the lender wouldn’t have to deal with the hassle the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the property, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still likely have to move out.
The goal of bankruptcy is to provide a fresh start for you by either eliminating or reducing your debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still have to pay off the mortgage, but the timeline will be extended and will have a different payment plan. There are several types of bankruptcy, but the most common for individuals are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not be required to pay off your remaining debt if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can remain in the home during the process for free. The goal of this is to simply delay foreclosure for several months while you plan your future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
If you choose Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you may be able to not give up your house. It involves coming up with a plan to pay off all or some of your debts over a three to five year period. You’ll have to maintain the payment plan under the supervision of a court-appointed trustee.
Bankruptcy has severe drawbacks, however. First, you’ll need to show that you are eligible for it, and all your debts, expenses, and income will be analyzed. You’ll also have to pay significant court costs and fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re not able to keep up with mortgage payments, you may not be able to afford filing for bankruptcy.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
An alternative to the above options is to find a buyer and pay off your debt with the money you get from the sale. There are two different types of sales for a pre-foreclosure home:
- Short sale — If a prospective buyer makes an offer on your Buckner, MO home, the lender is required to consider it. In a short sale, the offer on your Buckner, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. The lender can then consider if getting less than the remainder of the mortgage is worth not having to deal with the hassle of a foreclosure. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Traditional sale — If a prospective buyer offers more than your remaining mortgage, you can accept that offer, use the money to pay off your mortgage, and keep the rest for new housing.
You can choose to hire a real estate agent to sell your home in pre-foreclosure, but the foreclosure process takes between 45 and 60 days. According to data from the St. Louis Federal Reserve, it takes an average of 50 days to find a buyer and 30-45 days to close, and that doesn’t account for the work put in for making a home appealing to a traditional buyer. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling your home to an as-is, cash home buyer is likely preferable to a traditional buyer. Once you accept our offer, we can close as quickly as you need us to.
Selling Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure to Our Buckner, MO Cash Home Buyers
Evervest Home Buyers buys homes with all cash offers, and always want to give Buckner, MO homeowners a stress-free home sale. We buy all types of properties, from houses in probate to condemned properties.
We purchase homes “as-is,” which means that homeowners do not have to make expensive renovations to the property in order to sell it. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Giving you a fair offer fast — If you send us pictures of your property, we can give you an estimate within an hour. In the following days, one of our buyers will do their own inspection. You don’t even have to sweep, mop, or vacuum before we show up. We always try to offer the most we can for a property in Buckner, MO while still being able to profit off it after we repair it.
- Giving you a stress-free home sale — We know that your Buckner, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is a trying time, and you may be nostalgic about having to move out of home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. Unlike other cash home buying companies, we have never written a contract that didn’t close because we backed out of it. We’ll show you proof of funds so you don’t have to worry.
- Getting you money fast — While the bank would likely prefer it if you sold your home instead of them having to foreclose on it, they’ll still move to take over and sell the house as quickly as possible. We can help you sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or to find a buyer. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, usually within 30 days if not sooner.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure does not lower your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it has a huge negative impact on your credit score, that will stay there for 7 years. While you won’t get to keep your home if you sell to us, we can help you avoid the financial pitfalls of it getting foreclosed on.
Other services we offer in Buckner, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Buckner, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
Everyone hates foreclosure – even mortgage companies. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure can be an agreeable solution for everybody involved. Our buyers are cordial and discreet, and can help you get out from under your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on the deal fast, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Buckner, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.