How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Buckner, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Buckner, MO. Do you own a house in Buckner that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained termite or fire damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that need major repairs in the Buckner, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from properties that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Buckner, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Buckner, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already making a significant investment when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The thought of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the months it would take to handle the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Buckner, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include bad odors, limited natural light, bad construction like low ceilings, a home that’s unstaged, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Buckner, MO?
Properties, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep from time to time. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, such as if the home was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had difficult tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can tragically cause damage to a home as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Buckner, MO
If you want to sell a house in Buckner, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Buckner, MO can teach themselves how to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as mold damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many commodities such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can hire professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. replacing an entire roof can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the home as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Buckner, MO
Our Buckner, MO cash home buyers are direct and discreet. Regardless of the condition your property is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over 30 years. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Buckner, MO communities.
We make the home buying process as stress-free as possible with four easy steps:
We conduct our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one buying your property. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you wash the dishes before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home as quickly as a month. We will always be straightforward about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Buckner, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of houses we buy on Buckner, MO:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Buckner, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Buckner, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.