How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Ladue, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Ladue, MO. Do you own a house in Ladue that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have asbestos or hail damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that need major repairs in the Ladue, MO area. In our 30 years of experience, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from houses they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ladue, MO
Most prospective home buyers want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Ladue, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. The thought of added expenses of paying contractors, or the months it would take to make all the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Ladue, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property “unsellable” to the majority of potential home buyers include unpleasant smells, restricted natural light, bad design like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Ladue, MO?
Homes, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor repairs from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become become exacerbated and cause serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was rented bad tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, weather events can cause major damage with little to no notice.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ladue, MO
If your Ladue, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Ladue, MO residents are able to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as water damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to deal with the damage — You can enlist the services of experts to take care of the major repairs for you, but again that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for homes that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the home as-is, you’ll have the added costs of third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Ladue, MO
Our Ladue, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and open minded. Whatever what repairs your property needs or where it’s located, we want to discuss it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Ladue, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
Our home buying process in Ladue, MO is stress-free:
We perform an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to wash the dishes before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your property in as little as 30 days. We will always be straightforward about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Ladue, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other types of properties we buy on Ladue, MO:
- Selling a Home with a Reverse Mortgage
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling an Inherited House
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Ladue, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see what our previous Ladue, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.