How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Republic, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Republic, MO. Are in possession a property in Republic that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Does it have termite or wind damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping homes that need major repairs in the Republic, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners get rid of houses they no longer wanted. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Republic, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a welcoming home for their Republic, MO family. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already making a significant investment when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Common serious damage in Republic, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home almost impossible to sell to most potential home buyers include disagreeable odors, little natural light, bad design like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad decor like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Republic, MO?
Houses, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep annually. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become worsen and cause serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had difficult tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, weather events can tragically cause damage to a house as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Republic, MO
If you want to sell a house in Republic, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Republic, MO residents can figure out how to change a carpet, major repairs such as water damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many construction essentials such as lumber is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy houses that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in turnkey shape, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the conventional market.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Republic, MO
Our Republic, MO cash home buyers are direct and considerate. Whatever what damage your property has sustained or where it’s located, we we can offer you a solution. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Republic, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Republic, MO is stress-free:
We perform an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, you don’t even have to tidy up before we arrive, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your property as quickly as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Republic, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of properties we buy on Republic, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Republic, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Republic, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.