How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Gladstone, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Gladstone, MO. Do you have a home in Gladstone that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have asbestos or hail damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that have serious damage in the Gladstone, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from properties they felt were holding them back. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Gladstone, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a pleasant home for their Gladstone, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The thought of added costs of paying contractors, or the months it would take to handle the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Common major repairs needed in Gladstone, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property difficult to sell to the majority of potential home buyers include disagreeable smells, limited natural light, bad construction like low ceilings, a house that’s unstaged, or even homes that are outmoded that have unsightly decor like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Gladstone, MO?
Houses, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage fixed whenever it emerges. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, such as if the house was vacant for a long time or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant issues.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Gladstone, MO
If your Gladstone, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Gladstone, MO are able to paint walls, major repairs such as asbestos damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the cost of many materials such as wood is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can hire professionals to take care of the major repairs for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of whatever you end up selling the house for, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Gladstone, MO
Our Gladstone, MO cash home buyers are direct and considerate. Whatever what damage your house has sustained or where it’s located, we would like to buy it. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Gladstone, MO communities.
We make the home selling process as simple as we can with four easy steps:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you vacuum the carpet before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your house as quickly as a month. We will always be straightforward about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Gladstone, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to discover the other services we offer on Gladstone, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Gladstone, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see what our previous Gladstone, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.