How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Claycomo, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Claycomo, MO. Are in possession a property in Claycomo that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained asbestos or wind damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that have serious damage in the Claycomo, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from houses they no longer wanted. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Claycomo, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house want one in turnkey condition so their Claycomo, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Claycomo, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a home almost impossible to sell to the majority of prospective home buyers include bad smells, little natural light, bad construction like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are outmoded that have unsightly furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Claycomo, MO?
Homes, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and require minor repairs from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become become exacerbated and cause serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had bad tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural events can cause catastrophic damage in no time.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Claycomo, MO
If you want to sell a house in Claycomo, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Claycomo, MO homeowners can figure out how to paint walls, major repairs such as mold damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many construction essentials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to deal with the damage — You can hire professionals to take care of the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save untold amounts of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the home as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Claycomo, MO
Our Claycomo, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your home needs or where it’s located, we are interested in it. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Claycomo, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in Claycomo, MO is pain-free:
We perform our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we arrive, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can close on your home as quickly as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Claycomo, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Check out the links below to see the other types of homes we buy on Claycomo, MO:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Claycomo, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Claycomo property. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Claycomo, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.