How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Ballwin, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Ballwin, MO. Do you have a home in Ballwin that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Does it have termite or wind damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that need major repairs in the Ballwin, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of homes that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ballwin, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Ballwin, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The thought of added costs of paying contractors, or the months it would take to handle the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Ballwin, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include disagreeable smells, restricted natural light, bad architecture like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are outmoded that have bad furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Ballwin, MO?
Properties, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor repairs from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become significant issues.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had bad tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can tragically cause damage to a house as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ballwin, MO
If you want to sell a house in Ballwin, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Ballwin, MO homeowners can learn how to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as fire damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many commodities such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of professionals to handle the major repairs for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. A roof replacement can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when hiring general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of the conventional market.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll have the added costs of third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ballwin, MO
Our Ballwin, MO cash home buyers are honest and non-judgmental. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or where it’s located, we want to discuss it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than three decades of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Ballwin, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Ballwin, MO is quick:
We conduct our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we come over, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can close on your property in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your Ballwin, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other services we offer on Ballwin, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ballwin, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see what our previous Ballwin, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.