How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Richmond Heights, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Richmond Heights, MO. Do you have a property in Richmond Heights that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained mold or hail damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up houses that need major repairs in the Richmond Heights, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from properties that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Richmond Heights, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want one in turnkey condition so their Richmond Heights, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They’re already using a lot of their savings when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The idea of added costs of hiring somebody, or the months it would take to do the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Serious damage that we often see in Richmond Heights, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include unpleasant odors, little natural light, poor design like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have bad decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Richmond Heights, MO?
Homes, like cars, need to be maintained and require minor repairs annually. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for a long time or the house was inherited from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become significant problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had bad tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural events can tragically cause damage to a house as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Richmond Heights, MO
If you want to sell a house in Richmond Heights, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Richmond Heights, MO can learn how to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as water damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many materials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can hire professionals to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when hiring a professional, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in properties that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added costs of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Richmond Heights, MO
Our Richmond Heights, MO cash home buyers are direct and discreet. Whatever what damage your property has sustained or where it’s located, we want to discuss it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Richmond Heights, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
We make the home buying process as easy as we can with four easy steps:
We perform an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to wash the dishes before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your house in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Richmond Heights, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of properties we buy on Richmond Heights, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Richmond Heights, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Richmond Heights property. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Richmond Heights, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.