How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Springfield, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Springfield, MO. Do you own a property in Springfield that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained asbestos or wind damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that have serious damage in the Springfield, MO area. In our 30 years of experience, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from houses they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Springfield, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Springfield, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The idea of added expenses of paying contractors, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we often see in Springfield, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a home “unsellable” to most prospective home buyers include disagreeable smells, little natural light, bad design like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have unappealing decor like old appliances.
Why Do Some Springfield, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like cars, need to be maintained and require minor upkeep from time to time. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, such as if the house was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was rented bad tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural events can quickly cause damage to a property as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Springfield, MO
If your Springfield, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many people in Springfield, MO are able to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as fire damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many construction essentials such as wood is still going up and down.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of outside contractors to handle the major repairs for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the conventional market.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Springfield, MO
Our Springfield, MO cash home buyers are honest and open minded. Regardless of the condition your house is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than three decades of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Springfield, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
Our home buying process in Springfield, MO is pain-free:
We perform our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, you don’t even have to wash the dishes before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your property as quickly as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Springfield, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Check out the links below to discover the other services we offer on Springfield, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Springfield, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Springfield property. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Springfield, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.