How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Brentwood, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Brentwood, MO. Do you own a property in Brentwood that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained mold or wind damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up houses that have serious damage in the Brentwood, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners get rid of homes that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Brentwood, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Brentwood, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Brentwood, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a house “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include unpleasant smells, little natural light, bad construction like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have unappealing furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Brentwood, MO?
Homes, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep from time to time. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had irresponsible tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural events can tragically cause damage to a property as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Brentwood, MO
If you want to sell a house in Brentwood, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Brentwood, MO residents can learn how to change a carpet, major repairs such as fire damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of outside contractors to repair the damage for you, but again that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a full kitchen remodel can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in turnkey shape, you’ll save a significant amount of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the home as-is, you’ll have the added costs of third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Brentwood, MO
Our Brentwood, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and non-judgmental. Whatever what repairs your home needs or where it’s located, we would like to purchase it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than three decades. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Brentwood, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in Brentwood, MO is stress-free:
We carry out our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one buying your property. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your house as quickly as 30 days. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Brentwood, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to see the other services we offer on Brentwood, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Brentwood, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Brentwood, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.