How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Crestwood, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Crestwood, MO. Do you have a home in Crestwood that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Does it have termite or hail damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that have serious damage in the Crestwood, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Crestwood, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house want one in turnkey condition so their Crestwood, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Crestwood, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a house “unsellable” to most prospective home buyers include bad smells, restricted natural light, bad architecture like low ceilings, a home that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Crestwood, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have minor damage fixed whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for a long time or the house was inherited from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and turn into more serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was rented difficult tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, weather events can cause serious damage with little to no notice.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Crestwood, MO
If your Crestwood, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Crestwood, MO homeowners are able to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as mold damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many materials such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when hiring general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy properties that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in perfect shape, you’ll save a significant amount of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Crestwood, MO
Our Crestwood, MO cash home buyers are honest and non-judgmental. Regardless of what damage your home has sustained or where it’s located, we are interested in it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has over 30 years of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Crestwood, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in Crestwood, MO is easy:
We perform our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your home in as little as a month. We will always be straightforward about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to give you as much as we can for your Crestwood, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Click on the links below to see the other services we offer on Crestwood, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Crestwood, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Crestwood, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.