How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Maryland Heights, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Maryland Heights, MO. Are in possession a house in Maryland Heights that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Does it have termite or fire damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping houses that need major repairs in the Maryland Heights, MO area. In our 30 years of experience, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of properties that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Maryland Heights, MO?
Most prospective home buyers want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Maryland Heights, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house with serious damage. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. The idea of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Maryland Heights, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include bad odors, limited natural light, bad construction like a poor floor plan, a home that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Maryland Heights, MO?
Properties, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have minor damage repaired whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the home was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become worsen and cause serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had irresponsible tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural events can quickly cause damage to a house as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Maryland Heights, MO
If your Maryland Heights, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many people in Maryland Heights, MO are able to paint walls, major repairs such as fire damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, when the price of many commodities such as lumber is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of professionals to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is property for as much as you would if it was in turnkey condition, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of whatever you end up selling the house for, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Maryland Heights, MO
Our Maryland Heights, MO cash home buyers are honest and considerate. Regardless of the condition your property is in or where it’s located, we can take it off your hands. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over three decades. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Maryland Heights, MO communities.
Our home buying process in Maryland Heights, MO is easy:
We perform our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your house in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Maryland Heights, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Check out the links below to see the other types of houses we buy on Maryland Heights, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Maryland Heights, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Maryland Heights, MO residents move on from properties that needed serious repairs. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.